🛹Chapter 7🛹

^^

At the Skatepark~

Langa was practicing Ollies, Reki was watching him, and I was sitting on the half pipe, listening to music through my headphones. I saw Langa fall on the floor, and took off my headphones. "You ok Langa?" I called out. "Ouch!... Huh!? Blood! I drew blood." "Your overreacting," Reki said with an unamused face.

 A few seconds later, Langa fainted, and Reki and I carried him over to the bench. I was wraping his fingers, and hands in band-aids, and once I was done, Reki asked "So, Langa, why did you come to Okinawa? Did your parents get relocated?"

"Its because my Dad died," Langa said with a grim expression. "This is where my mom grew up. I was looking for a job so that I could help out with the family income." "I see. Is it boring out here? I mean, it doesn't snow. You can't snowboard," Reki stated. 

"Oh... After my dad died, I didn't snowboard in Canada, either." Standing up and walking towards his board, he continued saying "But... after getting on a board for the first time in a while... for some reason.." He started pushing his board and said "right now... I'm having fun!" As he said that, he nailed his first ollie, and smiled bright, while Reki and I looked at him in surprise and astonishment. As Reki started to cheer, Langa landed, but the board slipped out from under him, causing him to fall.

 "Ouch!" Langa exclaimed. Reki and I walked over to him and Reki asked "So? How do you feel after nailing your first ollie?" "It feels really good," Langa replied, still in pain from the fall. Reki and I both put a fist up towards him, and we all fistbumped. "Ouch!" was all Langa said when our hands collided. Reki started chuckling at this while I giggled, patting Langa's head.

Back at DopeSketch~

Y/n POV

I walked in behind Reki and Langa, hearing Reki shout "It's Rad! This guy's a genius! He nailed an Ollie in just 2 weeks! And it took me 2 months!" He pulled Langa into a headlock, ruffling his hair, while Langa was barely able to escape it. Under my breath I mumbled "And it took me 2 days, that not really that impressive." And I kid you not, my face was the literal 😒  emoji.

"That was simply jumping over a twig, right?" I heard Manager Oka say, causing me to giggle a little. "Hold it!-" Reki started, but got interrupted by the store door opening. Manager Oka turned his head to and said "Welcome-.. You're," his eyes widened as he saw who walked in through the door. Reki turned his toward the door also and was shocked by the presence standing at the door. "You serious? Miya Chinen, the Japanese national Hopeful?!" Reki practically shouted.

 "Hey you 2 there, run a beef against me in S," Miya practically declared. "Beef? That's out of the blue, and I..." Reki started but got cut off my Miya. "I have no need for slimes," He siad while walking up to Langa and I. "S-slime?" Reki exclaimed. "I want to hear the ding of leveling up for the first time in a while. You guys are fine with it right?"

 "Don't do it guys. This guy is on a different level," Reki stated. "You guys are sufers and snowboarders right?" Miya asked. I nodded my head slightly, looking at the younger boy curiously, since I was at S that night as 'Higure'. "I'd like to see... your skating that won against Shadow." My eyes widened slightly and Reki burst out saying "But Y/n wasn't even skating that day!!" Langa mumbled "Shadow," and I immediately knew he wanted to skate like that again.

"If again... I could do something like that... I'll accept the challenge," Langa said with practically visible sparkles around him when saying the last of his sentence. I nodded my head, signaling I would go on with the beef. "Stop it! Don't get so cocky just because you nailed an Ollie, and Y/n, you weren't even skating that night!! This guy is a Japanese National Hopeful!!"

 "I'll do it!" Langa said with a somewhat determined face?? "Hey!" Reki shouted in our faces. "Then, it's settled. I'll think about... what we should bet on," Miya said before walking out of DopeSketch.

At S~

I was skating along side Reki and Langa, and Langa said "If anything they should leave it open all the time." Reki then stated "It's a top secret course that nobody can talk about. There's no way they can just thoughtlessly keep it open. In any case, you really do act recklessly." "About what?" Langa queered. "It was the same about shadow too, you talk about challenges so simply," Reki responded.

 'But Shadow isn't that bad of an opponent though,' I thought to myself, not wanting to intervene in the conversation. "But this time you against a Japanese National Hopeful," Reki said in a worried tone. "I mean... it seemed fun," Langa responded. This caused Reki to grin, 'Aww thats so cute!! I love how these 2 always think of skating as just fun!!" I thought mindlessly to myself.

Smiling at the scene playing out before me, I didn't notice a certain catboy skating towards us. "You think you can use the Reki RSP-Maru here, too?" Reki asked Langa. "What's that?" Langa asked, completely dumbfounded. "the name of that board! 'Reki Royal Straight Prince-Maru!'" Reki said matter-o-factly.

Langa's expression dropped and he asked "So tacky. What do you mean, 'Prince-Maru'?" Reki said "I mean, the girls call you 'Prince', right?" Langa looked at him, with what seemed like an upset face, and said "They don't." I giggled a but at their antics when Reki turned his head towards me and asked "Do the girls not call him 'Prince' at school, Y/n?" I was shocked a bit by being brought into this conversation, then sheepishly said "Well yeah, I hear it a lot when walking through the hallways." 

Out of no where, a figure skated through our group at a high speed, making Reki lose his balance and nearly fall off his board.