2:Never Again

Kirumi's POV

"Let's just say..She took care of me in a different way." She laughed in a sad tone.

In a different way?

"What do you mean by that?" I asked again.

She went silent for a moment,her grip on the fork she was holding tightened .

"She gives me full body massages...?"  The shorter spoke,her voice shaking.

I immediately understood what she meant. I saw her close to tears and wrapped my hands around her.

She flinched for a moment and just gave in. "I am very sorry for asking.And I am very sorry that happened to you." I apologized.

"It's not your fault." She whispered.

"I will never allow that to happen to you again." I swore to her and she gave me a small smile.

"Promise?"  She asked and reached out her pinky finger.

I smiled and intertwined my finger with hers. "I promise. I will also promise to protect you."

I told her to finish up eating and she seemed to cheer up for a bit.

This girl is really something.I pity her but in a way that I want to protect her.I just met this girl but I feel like I want to do anything to protect her.How strange.

As she was done eating dinner,I began to wash the dishes.  "I wanna help." I heard a voice from behind me. I looked at the girl who was shorter than me.

"No, I can do it.Thank you." I declined.

She just nodded and went out of the kitchen.She must have went to her room.I continued washing the dishes,still thinking about how to take care of the girl.

As I was done with the dishes,I sweeped the kitchen and the living room. I looked at the clock and see that it was 11pm. I wonder if she's asleep.

I then went to Y/N's room to check on her. I was expecting that she would be already lying on her bed, asleep. But I was wrong.

I saw the girl sitting at her desk and she seemed to be studying. She didn't seem to notice me so I knocked on the door that I already opened.

"Oh,Kirumi.D-Do you need something?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Not at all. I was just checking on you to see if you are already asleep."

"I'm busy doing homework." She replied. "Would you like me to make you some tea?" I asked.

"Yes,please."  The shorter girl said, still focusing on her homework.

I nodded and went back downstairs to make her some tea.Not long,the tea was done and I went back to her room to deliver the tea.

I placed it down to her desk and she looked at me. "Thank you~"

Something about that voice when she said that hit different. It was adorable,which only made me smile.

"Kirumi, could you please help me with my homework?" She asked.

"Of course." I said with a smile.

I helped her with her homework and thought her about a few lessons.It was easy to me,since I have already learned about it.I am 2 years older,after all.Which makes me her senior.

I was pointing out a few words on a certain page,in order to teach her about something,until I felt a hand placed on top of mine.

I looked at the girl and she just stared at me. "Thank you so much,Kirumi."

"It is no problem,Y/N." I gently patted her head.

"You know..The previous maid told me to go homeschool because it easier.At first,I thought it was fine...But I guess there was a different reason." The girl spoke as she let out a sad airy laugh.

"Oh.. I'm very sorry. Does your parents know about this?" I asked, concerned.

She shook her head. "The maid..She's actually a cousin of mine." She looked down, looking disappointed. "Please..Please promise me to not tell my parents about this." She looked at me with pleading eyes.

There is no way I would allow her to keep it as a secret.Especially if this is a serious matter that the parents should know!

But if it is her request,then I will fulfill that.

"Very well." I replied.

She then wrapped her arms around me as her face was buried in my chest."Thank you." I whispered,her words muffled.

We stayed like that for a while.I pulled away, hoping that that will be enough to comfort her.I then saw the short girl looking like she was asleep.

She was.

I let out a small sigh and carried the girl to her bed.I tucked her in and took the empty cup of tea to wash it.

As I was washing the cup,I heard my phone buzz. I checked the message and it was from the parents.

"How is taking care of Y/N going so far?"

I smiled at the message and quickly replied.

"I supposed we are getting along.You have quite a good daughter, ma'am."

I went to the guest room,where I was supposed to stay.I went to the bathroom that came along with it and took a quick shower.

I then dressed into a night gown and went to sleep.I have to get up early tomorrow,in order to make breakfast.