1

Scott sighed.

"You are just so...." She started.

He rolled his eyes.

"So in love with yourself aren't you? With this-with this career-" she sneered.

"Oh my god, Morgana."

"You don't come home. You don't call. You don't-"

"I am working! For this family! For you!"

"You are working to be god! That's why you're working Scott!" She followed his eyes as he avoided her eyes.

"You knew I was going to be a surgeon," he said lowly, "You knew I was going to be good. I don't understand why you're upset."

"You know why. I told you I didn't want to have a baby-"

He turned around.

"Don't fucking walk way from me, Scott."

"I don't have time for this, I have surgery in the morning," he sighed.

Morgana smiled. "You walk away..." she let those words hang in the air.

He paused clenching his jaw. "Or what? You'll leave? Leave me? Leave Annika. Leave our son?"

"In a fucking heartbeat. And you know I will."

He turned around. "I told you. I told you what life would be like. That I would be gone. You said, you would be content with the money. You can't change your mind-"

"Yes I can. This is more than you being a surgeon. This is your ego. This is your pride this is you! Slipping dangerously close to the edge."

Scott smirked. "I am a world renowned surgeon. The best. The brightest."

She blinked. "Since you're so smart, Mr. World Famous, tell me something: what happened?"

"I don't know."

"What happened?!" She insisted.

"You didn't know me!" He shouted, before sighing. "You didn't know me. And now you do."

She scoffed. "Well..."

"So what does that mean? What's that face mean? You want a divorce?"

"And what if I do? What if I want a divorce."

"Well you can't have one," he shrugged. He unbuttoned his shirt.

"What do you mean-"

"I mean what I said! There will be no divorcing! You and I are accomplices, we are parents and we are married. We're not getting a divorce, Morgana."

She rolled her eyes. "Oh there you go! If there's in thing you can do, it's make excuses and threats huh? God, you just-"

"Dad," Annika opened the door.

Scott looked away, making Morgana look down, silencing her anger.

"What is it Annika?" He sighed.

"Uh...I was going to go to my friends house-"

"You mean that boy," Scott corrected her. "The answer is no. It's past nine o'clock."

"But I-"

"Nika, you know the rules. You can have your girlfriends over, but there's no spending the night with boys." Morgana sighed, sitting down at her vanity.

"Just figured I'd ask," she murmured, shutting the door.

"She shouldn't be around that boy," Scott frowned, unbuttoning the last few of his shirt buttons. "He's...slimy."

Morgana smoothed her face. "Of course he's slimy, that's why they hang out here. It's better we know what's going on then him convincing her to go behind dumpsters to screw him."

She looked back. "That's what I did."

Scott scoffed. "Yeah I can see that."

Ana rolled her eyes. "The point is, if she feels secure to bring him here, and this is where they have their interactions, then we can monitor things. And he won't be the only person she can talk to about what he wants to do."

Scott threw his shirt in the laundry pile. "I'm sure you're right. But I just have a sense that there's more than a normal teenage bag of hormones. It's...something worse."

Ana snorted. "You would know, wouldn't you?"

He glared at her. "Stop pulling at your face. You don't have any wrinkles."

"And isn't it a wonder?" She remarked. "An absent, lying husband, a near teenage daughter and a toddler-"

"And hundreds of thousands of dollars, and servants at your disposal," He finished flatly. "Poor you."

"Poor me," she echoed, rubbing lotion onto her skin.

Scott rolled his eyes, looking at his phone.

"If they page you in the middle of the night again, I'm going to fucking kill you," she said simply. "I want it out of the bedroom."

Scott scrolled through his phone. "I'm a doctor-"

"You are not on call. I want the pager out of the room."

Scott sighed. "Catch?"

She turned around, as he gently tossed her pager. She caught it, opening the door, tossing it into the next room.

"You probably broke something," he said absently.

She shrugged. "Liam is supposed to be having his birthday bash on Saturday. Be there."

"I have a surgery in Oklahoma-"

She turned around. "You will be there when our son turns three. Cancel what you have to. I'm not kidding. You missed his second birthday-"

"There was an accident it was-"

"I don't care! No excuses!" She sighed.

"Okay. Okay. Fine."

She put her bonnet on, spraying her face with moisturizer putting some lotion in her hand, as she got in bed next to him.

She rubbed it on his face, massaging the lotion into his skin. "Take care of yourself. You know white people age quick. You can be looking 85 while I look 20 it's gonna look weird."

He chuckled. "I will, I promise. When I get up to brush my teeth I'll do the whole routine I promise."

She sighed. "When did everything get so complicated, Scott."

He shrugged. "It's been complicated since the beginning. Now we're just adrift."