eight.

( EIGHT; FURT )
WICKED.

     The hallways were full of students who moved fluidly through the school, some chatted with one another and others made short pit stops at their lockers

     The hallways were full of students who moved fluidly through the school, some chatted with one another and others made short pit stops at their lockers. To escape the noise of the hallway, many people found their way to empty classrooms while others scurried into the bathrooms. One of those people being Faye, the redhead stood in front of the mirror as she added more eyeliner to her eyes, ignoring the judgmental glances from the cheerleaders beside her.

     The two girls in ponytails and red uniforms look at the girl who wore all black and harsh eyeliner up and down before quietly muttering to each other and letting out obnoxious giggles. The horrendous sound was cut short as the leader of the uniformed cult entered with matching attire but with a higher power.  

     With a quick glance and an eyebrow raise from their leader, the two girls rushed out of the bathroom, leaving the blonde cheerleader and the redhead 'nobody' to themselves. Faye let her eyes lift in the mirror to meet the other pair of green eyes that were already looking at her, the Fabray girl leaned her back against the wall of the bathroom letting her head drop, "Don't let them get to you-."

     "I wasn't," Faye cut the girl off shortly as she put her eyeliner away and grabbed for her lip liner. The cheerleader nodded as the redhead focused on her makeup once more, Quinn cleared her throat and pushed herself off the wall. Once she was at the sink beside Faye, she began reapplying her own makeup.

     After a moment of silence, Quinn glances at the girl beside her and opens her mouth once more, "So, the craziest thing happened this morning. Sam asked me to marry him. Kind of, he actually said it was more of a promise but still."

     The Fabray let out a soft chuckle, looking for a reaction from the girl but instead she received silence causing her to continue, "I told him that it was a crazy idea, obviously, but I don't know, I think it was kind of cute."

     Faye sighed and put her makeup back into her backpack, turning to the girl with a look of annoyance, "And you're telling me this, because?"

     Quinn let her mouth drop in confusion, her playful smile now wiped from her face, the Hastings girl took the blonde's silence as a sign to continue speaking, "You think because you helped me get dye off my finger nails that we're just going to, what? Braid each other's hair? Talk about boys? I could care less about all that."

     Getting defensive, the cheerleader regained her posture and stood straighter, "I'm trying to be a friend, because from what I've noticed, you don't have very many."

     "Has it ever occurred to you that I like it that way? Look, I appreciate it but it's really not needed. I don't want to sit here and talk about something as little as this thing you have going on with Sam. Because to me, it doesn't look like it will last that long," With the final sentence leaving her mouth the redhead pushed her backpack over her shoulder and headed for the door.