11

*What do you think of Madison? Picture above*

Dear Journal,

Never play with a wolf's mind. Apparently it is mental torture to ask a hypothetical question.

You learn something everyday.

Getting smarter everyday,
Melody Hunter

We walk into the trees where we usually train and Chase is rubbing his shoulders as if he just got beat by a bigger person.

"Calm down Chase it was just a question," I say nonchalantly.

"Melody this is not a game for me or my wolf and I swear I felt as he was going to rip me into shreds because of your hypothetical question," he hisses and rolls his head around trying to massage his muscles.

"Sorry do you still want to train we can do this some other time if you want," I suggest.

"No, we're getting started right now. I want you to run," he straightens himself out and I stare at him confused.

"What is running going to help me with?"

"It's going to show me if you can outrun a werewolf now go," he growls.

"What?" I stammer as I see him crouch before me.

"You better start running," his voice is a low growl as I see what he is doing. He is showing me what a werewolf is capable of.

My feet stammer back and twist my body to run. I run through the trees and I can hear Chase's footsteps behind me.

"You need to run faster," he bellows and I push myself to run faster when two strong warms arms wrap around me and my body flings back as I crash into his hard chest.

"Fucken shit! You're fast," I pout as I hoped that I could out run him for a short distance not this few meters.

"I knew that you were slow but God Melody you're-"

"Shut up," I smack his chest as I push myself away from him.

"We are going to have to work on your endurance," he remarks.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" I straighten out my shirt, it appears that it lifted up when we collided, and his eyes trail my movements.

"I can think of a few ways," he chuckles and closes his eyes as he shakes the thought out of his head. I know what he means. Chase might be my Shadow, a werewolf, but above all he is a man and I know that he thinks I am pretty. He made that clear when he first met me but once he knew that I was the person he was going to be shadowing he went all professional on me.

"Really like what?" I remark. He does not answer instead he tells me to follow him back with his head. We walk back and I catch up to him but I know that he is walking slow for my benefit. Gazing into his dark eyes I can see that he is talking to his wolf and I do not know if it is considered rude to interject.

"Chase!" a girlish scream makes Chase snap out of his thoughts and suddenly his arms swings back hitting me across the chest pushing me behind him. His eyes focus on the girls staring at us with curiosity.

"Letty, Brooke," he sighs in relief as he releases me.

"Yea just us," one of the girls smirks at him.

"Melody," the other one says but she is not saying it towards me.

"Brooke stop it," I guess they are having a conversation with their minds since he seems frustrated and she looks amused. Brooke has brown hair that is somewhere between wavy and straight, brown eyes, and if I may say so a nice body but that is part of the whole werewolf package.

"Well I am happy that we found you." She says glancing over at me quickly and her eyes return to Chase.

"Why is that?" He seethes at her.

Whoa buddy what's going on here?

"You see Letty and I are having a party tonight at the Wolf's Den and we are trying to make it bigger than Kiero's Pack's party so I was hoping that you would come and join us." She smiles at him sweetly and I roll my eyes.

"I can't I am a Shadow now so that is what I do," he remarks and looks down at me but I do not look at him I keep my gaze on Brooke as she turns her gaze on me.

"Then bring the runt."

Oh hell no!

"Did she just call me a runt?" I look over at Chase as if I need a verification when I turn my deathly glare over at Brooke, "You fucken mutt!"

"Oh snap that hurt," Letty finally speaks. She steps away from her friend. Letty looks like her friend with the exception of her dirty blonde hair, probably dyed that way, and her blue eyes.

Calling a werewolf a mutt is equivalent to calling a wizard a mudblood in Harry Potter. Her eyes widen and the rims of her pupils darken.

"Don't do it Brooke," Chase steps in front of me. It is as if a switch went off in her head and her eyes return to their normal color.

"I'll act like that didn't happen and I will see you-," she rolls her eyes, "both," she hisses, "there, ciao," she blows a kiss in Chase's direction but he ignores it. The girls walk away and I can feel my blood still boiling. Even the pest in town know that I am not up to par with my wolf yet.

"Melody," he wants me to look over at him but my eyes stay on the place where the girls vanished.

"Who was she?" I ask and turn to look at him.

I can see that he wants to avoid that but if he knows me he knows that that is not going to happen, "she is my ex-girlfriend," he sighs. That somehow catches me off guard but I should have seen it coming.

"What happen with I'm waiting for my mate?"

"Melody, haven't you ever fallen in love," slumping my shoulders I shake my head, "well it happens even when you know that they are not right for you. Brooke filled that lonely void that I didn't know I had until she came into my life but that part of my life is over and I would like to leave it in my past. We're friends now but she likes to remind me that we were more than that."

"But how did she know where to find you?" I ask.

"I don't know she has always been good at finding me whenever she wanted. It's like she has a Chase compass implanted in her." I have to laugh at his remark.

"Stalker is more like it." I giggle, "so are you going to her party?"

"I go where you go, pup!" He gives me a sideways glance and I smile back at him.

****

So what did you think?

Sorry if there is any misplaced words, misspellings, or whatever I wrote this on Wattpad because when I copy paste from Microsoft Word there are always these huge gaps between lines and it is annoying. I'll edit this later.

What do you think of Brooke the ex from hell? lol

Are they going to the party?

Happy Reading my MoonGazer