32

"Angel?" His voice is carried by the breeze and even though I have not spoken to him since the party I recognize it as if we spoken to each other everyday since then.

My eyes dart to Chase and his darken gaze stays on the man behind me. The rumble in his chest hits me and if the other wolves hear it they will know that Chase is on my side. "Get up you mutt!" It is as if a switch flicked in Chase's head and his eyes fall onto me. My jaw clenches and I give him the most menacing glare that I can muster.

Chase rises to his feet and with my gun I gesture for him to move around me and stand on behind me. He follows my direction and now we are both face to face with Luke and some other werewolves. Luke stand before us in all his shirtless glory and his sweat soaked hair clings to his forehead.

"Angel," his eyes beam at me, "what are you doing here?" He still does not know my name, good lets keep it that way.

"Duke," I breathe out and the man next to Luke bites but a laugh as his light brown eyes fall on me.

"She doesn't even know your name," he burst out laughing and smacks Luke on his back, "I like her."

"Tell the pack to back off," he hisses at the man before him.

"Alright pups Wanderer knows them so head back," he yells and then the man runs into the trees vanishing behind the bushes.

"That was a stupid move," I stare at Luke now that we are alone or at least I think we are.

"Why what is a little girl like you going to do to me," He wiggles his eyebrows and then his white glimmering teeth shine at me, "bite me? I don't think I'll mind that one bit." Chase takes a step forward and my arms straighten up and aim at him once again.

"I don't bite," I smirk at Luke, "but I do shoot ask this one if you don't believe me." Luke looks over at Chase.

"Dude I thought you were the badass of the Moonless Pack and you are beaten down by a human girl," he shakes his head.

"She's not just any human," Chase breathes in through his teeth, "she's a werewolf hunter."

To say that Luke is surprised would be an understatement he was flabbergasted, "Angel here is a Huntress?" He is talking to Chase as if I were not standing before them.

"She took down two other wolves before taking me as her prisoner." Luke's every take me in from head to toe and he seems to start believing the bogus story. "She infiltrated our pack and wanted to go after Alpha Hunter herself but it seems that you and your pack beat her to it."

How would a badass wolf hunter react to her prisoner spilling his guts to a stranger? My hand whips back and slams across his head with the butt of the gun connecting with his head, hard. Chase drops to the side and his hand grips his head, "what the fuck?" He hisses and then his angry eyes lock my gaze from the ground.

"Keep it up and you'll be digging another bullet out of your leg," I hiss at him.

"Oh shit," Luke breathes out, "you are a wolf hunter." His eyes narrow and then darken, "should I be worried?" Hell yeah!

"No," I smile at him, "I was working for a man under the alias Shadow Hunter." Please tell me that this alias sounds believable, "I worked for him because he was going to have one of the strongest alphas out there under his control. But since you beat me and him to her I wanted to work for your head wolf. My talent might come to great use to him."

"You, you want to work for Floyd!"

"Mayweather?" The American boxer comes into my mind and I do not want to work with him. He knows about our kind?