Chapter 7 - He's the Host!

"Alright, everyone, listen up!" Brain clapped his hands on a stool outside of Hotel OJ. "I'm the host now, so we should get to... the list, Pinky!"

Pinky climbed up the stool and handed a piece of paper to Brain. "Here you go, Brain!"

"Thanks, Pinky," Brain patted his head. He took a look at the list that MePhone left for him. "So first is the elimination ceremony. Which team lost last time?"

"Well MY team," Baseball did a backflip. "As usual, was superior. We won the last contest!"

"Now, now," Paintbrush replied. "Don't try anything funny, Baseball." They grabbed Marshmallow and Fan. "WE'RE the ones who won the last contest, okay?"

The entire team, including Pinky, gasped. "But HOW?!"

"Don't say anything, and we can all stay in!" Paintbrush whispered.

"Ah!" Marshmallow realized.

"I gotcha!" Lightbulb added.

"But the fact is," Test Tube sighed. "We lost-"

"Lost our spirits seeing the Grand Slams tragically fail again!" Paintbrush cut Test Tube off.

"EXCUSE ME?!" Soap aggressively replied. "I wiped the floor with you guys... literally!"

Brain facepalmed. "If no one's gonna admit it, I'm just gonna pick someone!" He looked around for a contestant, his eyes eventually landing on Suitcase. "Uh... the Suitcase. Yeah, you're eliminated."

Suitcase gasped. "W-wait! I believe there's been a mistake!"

"Get out of our faces!" Pinky said in her face. "You're ruining the show! Brain has a very busy schedule today!"

Suitcase sighed, "Fine..." She walked to where the other eliminated contestants where.

"How can we just lose Suitcase like that?" Baseball said as he watched her sit down, depressed.

"Yeah, it's pretty unfair," Nickel replied. "But let's face it. We were bound to outlast her anyway.

Meanwhile, Brain and OJ were talking about something, with Brain agreeing with it.

"Alright, contestants," Brain clapped. "We're gonna head over to OJ's hotel, 'cause we're gonna clean it!" Pinky responded with an applause.

Soap gasped. "I can't believe this! It's a dream come true!"

Brain walked up to her. "It gets better, it's a mess." He whispered to her.

Soap's eyes glimmered. "I-I think I'm in love..."

***

"Okay, team!" Paintbrush told their team. "Soap's gonna be a MAJOR threat! So get your a-game on!" They put their fist in the air.

Lightbulb applauded in response to Paintbrush.

"Oh, Paintbrush," Fan walked up to them. "What's that point in that? Haven't you noticed the pattern?" He took out a paper with the winning pattern of each episode on it. "Each team wins twice in a row and now it's our turn!"

"Um, no!" Paintbrush replied. "You still have to put in the effort! You can't rely on coincidence!"

"It's out of our control, Paintbrush!" Fan sat down and took out some popcorn. "Just sit back and watch," He ate some of it. "Here, want some?"

"Oh sure let me just have a little bit of..." They reached for the popcorn, only to knock it out of Fan's hands.

"Um, as much as I'd like to be a team player," Test Tube tapped her fingers together. "Fan's right. Statistics are a beautiful thing!"

"So you're saying we just do NOTHING?" Paintbrush angrily replied. "Marsh, you gotta back me up here!

"AAAGH," Marshmallow crossed her arms. "If Apple's cleaning, count me out-"

"If Marshmallow's not cleaning, count me out, too!" Apple cut her off.

"What's WRONG with you?!" Marshmallow asked Apple. "One minute you were using me, and then the next you act like nothing happened!"

"But Marshmallow! I-" Before Apple could say anything else, she got hit by a mop from Marshmallow.

"Buzz off!" Marshmallow replied in response to hitting Apple.

"So what?" Paintbrush shrugged "Nobody is going to HELP me?"

"Painty, come on!" Lightbulb cheered up her friend. "You know I'm as down as the downward dog!"

"Uh.. well thank you, Lightbulb," Paintbrush replied. "I appreciate the support!"

"No prob-" Suddenly, Lightbulb tripped on the mop. "Woah!" She slipped on the ground and shattered a bit.

"Ahah!" Fan started choking on his popcorn. "That's the sixth time Lightbulb has shattered ever! Oh, that's revolutionary! How long do you think it'll be before she shatters again?" He asked Test Tube as she walked by.

"I'd say quicker than a catalyst helps reactants reach activation energy!" She replied.

Meanwhile, Salt and Pepper were talking about something.

"OMG. Salt. I came up with, like, the best... idea... ever!" Pepper told Salt.

Salt gasped. "I wanna hear it!"

"Okay, what if, while they were cleaning... they had to sing?" Pepper grabbed onto Salt.

"Darling!" Salt and Pepper high-fived each other.

"Oh can we sing, Brain?" Pinky asked his friend. "Pretty please?" He showed puppy-eyes.

Brain sighed, "I guess singing can make this go faster."

Everyone shrugged, except for Soap, who jumped up and down. "This is the greatest day of my life!"

***

After a bit of some singing and cleaning, Baseball was still upset about Suitcase's unfair elimination.

"What Brain did was completely unacceptable! I can't believe a mouse-"

"Genetically-altered lab mouse!" Test Tube corrected as she walked by carrying buckets.

Baseball sighed. "Genetically-altered lab mouse can do something like that!"

"Baseball, I know it's tough," Soap comforted him. ""But you can't let these setbacks get to you. We're still a team, just... not as strong as before, but if there's one challenge I can dominate, it's this one. So let's keep moving!"

"WOO!" Microphone cheered. "Soap for team captain!"

"Excuse me?!" Baseball raised an eyebrow. "I'm standing right here!"

"Well, Soap is actually nice to me." Microphone explained to him. "You just yell at me all the time!"

"Really?" Nickel asked.