Don't save the turtle

Chapter 53

Peter's Pov:

"Morning Peter." Pepper smiles from the stove.

"Morning." I slide into a chair across Bruce.

"Hey Peter." Bruce says with out looking up from his newspaper.

I crane my neck to see the headline and notice Bruce's nails are green with angry faces on them. "Pietro got your nails as well?"

"Yup, when I fell asleep taking notes." He replies while sipping his tea.

I laugh and look down at my blue and red nails with smiling spiders, "Same."

Pepper chuckles, and sets down a pancake in front of me. "He got mine as well, I didn't even notice till he was half done so I let him finish." she shows me her light pink nails with little white flowers.

"Wow."

"Talented right, you should see Wanda's."

"With the flames? They're so good! So are Steve's.

"My what?"

Just then Steve and Bucky walk in. Steve's nails have little shields on them, Bucky's are black.

"Nails." Pepper answers as she places a smoothie beside my plate.

Steve nods. "I have no idea how he managed to paint almost all of our nails without anyone noticing."

"I noticed, but they were pretty so I let him finish." Bucky says taking a smoothie from Pepper.

"Wow thanks Pepper, you were busy this morning ." Steve takes his.

Bucky nudges my elbow as he sits down next to me, "What's your plan for today, Peter?"

"Well school." I frown, "But then I get to help Tony with the new suit designs!" I turn my frown upside at the thought.

"That sounds fun." Steve smiles.

We go back to talking about everyone's nails until I realize I have to leave for school.

I say goodbye then quickly head out, usually someone walks or drives me but we decided yesterday that I'll start walking by myself.

After all, it's not like something bad will happen on the way to school.

I feel my phone buzz and pull it out. Ned's face fills the screen and I grin.

"Hey Ned!"

"Hey Peter, guess what I found out this morning! Flaming hot cheetos were invented by a janitor! He put chili powder on reject cheetos and pitched it to the CEO of Frito-Lay. His name is Richard. Isn't that cool?"

"Yeah, that is really cool. I love flaming hot cheetos."

"Yeah they're great! Wait, Peter, serious question. Takis or flaming hot cheetos?"

"Hmm.." I pause to think. Takis. "Takis. You?"

Ned pauses for a moment, "Yeah I think I'd say Takis too, there's more flavours. Also are you almost at school? There's only 7 minutes until the bell rings."

I look at the closest street sign, "I'll run."

"Okay dude, let me know if you need me to cover for you."

"Thanks Ned." I smile, I have such a great friend.

"You should probably go, I don't want you to get hit by a car or something because you're talking to me."

"Okay bye Ned, see you soon!" I hang up and put my phone away.

I run the rest of the way to school thinking about takis. I bet Thor would love them, I should get him some. I'm a block away when a see a turtle. In the middle of the street. And there's a car coming.

Oh no.

With out thinking I run into the street and grab the turtle.

"SCHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH"

I hear a sound but I'm distracted by the turtle, they're so cute.

I'm jolted out of my thoughts when a car smashes into my butt. I go flying, do two flips then land on my feet.

"HONK HONK, MOVE KID!" Someone, shouts as another car speeds into my side, I crash into the ground head first.

I let out a small groan, then check the turtle's vitals. I sigh in relief, they're alive. I let my head fall to the ground, that hurt.

A car door slams shout.

"Oh my god, are you o- PENIS?!?"

My eyes go wide, that's not good.

"Heyyyyyyyyy Flash."

"You're bleeding! Oh no, no no no NO!"

"It's-"

"HEY ARE YOU OKAY?" Mr Harrington shouts.

I quickly push myself up, "Yup, I'm all-"

I'm cut off again. "I'LL CALL YOUR NICE DAD, MR PARKER!" Mr Harrington shouts.

Wait, Mr Harrington? He's back at school already, wow.

He types something into his phone then puts it on speaker.

It rings twice.

"Sup Roger, how's your head?" Sam grunts through the phone.

"I am fantastic Mr Sam. Unfortunately your son is not."

"Hm?"

"He got - oh, I should tell the office." Mr Harrington hands the phone to Flash.

The colour drains from Flash's face and he takes the phone.

"What happened to Peter?"

"He um, got, hit by a, um, me."

Sam laughs.