Hey, ho, let's go

Chapter 58

Peter's Pov:

"Okay, okay, so what if we just did it in trips? Like everyone waits here with the stuff and one person brings it back with the van?" Wanda suggests.

Scott does a double chin. "That's a lot of trips."

"Yeah that'll take all day, especially if there's traffic." Steve sighs.

"Well it's better than walking the groceries home." Wanda side eyes Sam, who shrugs sheepishly.

Clint holds up his hands, "Hear me out, what if... Pietro runs them back, and we rid in the van."

"That doesn't seem fair to Pietro, Clint."

"Yeah how am I supposed to run across the city carrying a 8 foot bear." Pietro laughs.

"Eh, it was worth a try." Clint grabs a blanket then plops down on one of Bucky's dog beds. "I could stay here all day."

"What about Tony? What does he think?" Bruce asks.

We look over to Tony, whose arguing with Quentin about the way he's treating our groceries.

"You can't just.... WHAT ARE THOSE?!" Tony roars.

We all shuffle towards him.

"Those are dried apricots." Quentin says as he scans them.

"Ooh I love dried apricots!" I run over to get a better look.

"Oh really? If you say so." Tony ribs open the bag and pops one in his mouth.

I sneakily slip my hand in and grab as many as I can.

I watch Tony chew then jump back when he spits it out at Quentin, hitting him in the face.

"Tony!" Steve gasps.

"BLEH."

"I'm so sorry for his behaviour," Steve pauses to read Quentin's name tag, "Quentin."

Quentin rolls his eyes and keeps scanning.

I eat my apricots.

"Well, um, so, Tony." Bruce stumbles, unable to decide what to say.

"Why are we buying 9 kilograms of dried apricots?" Tony shakes his head.

"You question that but not the 4 foot wine glass or the 180 pounds of Mac and Cheese that we're apparently buying?" Happy rubs his eyes.

"Hey that wine glass is beautiful!" Loki shouts crossing his arms.

"Mac and Cheese is good, Hogan."

Happy narrows his eyes then walks away.

"So how are we getting the groceries home!" Bruce sticks his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, well, hmm." Tony thinks.

"Peter what do you think?" Nat asks.

I point to myself, my cheeks full of apricot, and she nods.

I quickly chew. "What if, we got one of those trucks."

"Trucks?"

°°°

"No, I'm not moving...No I don't live at Costco.... IT'S FOR MY GROCERIES!" Tony shouts into his phone.

"IT BETTER BE."

I look to Rhodey who just shakes his.

"NO I AM NOT DRUNK."

"YOU CALM DOWN, I JUST WANT TWO TRUCKS FOR MY GROCERIES."