43| Pizza Night

WARNING: Mature Content ;)

- end of the chapter is smut, when Nick goes up to feed the baby, stop reading if you don't wanna read the smut -

OKAY IT GETS MORE RAUNCHY AT THE END SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, I'M BEING REAL. DON'T READ IT LMAO OOPS

Demi has came out as non-binary and I fully support them! But this story is fictional, plus I've been writing it since 2019 and I will continue to use she/her pronouns (no disrespect to irl Demi!). Demi is the name and face of my character. This isn't a biography. - May 19th 2021

*Demi's POV*

Admitting that I was willing to try after about another half an hour of conversation, made this moment petrifying. Nick and I decided to go on a few dates before he left for tour and currently I felt nervous due to tonight was my night to plan our date, and tomorrow I was officially meeting Lennox. With Nick getting ready to go on tour, he has been incredibly stressed and busy; which if I'm being honest, isn't helping our current situation. 

Nick had an interview today that would air a few days before their tour started so I had been texting him all morning, asking how things were going. I was trying not to smother him or be annoying, I was trying my best to stay in touch and not push him out of my life.  Lennox was with Priyanka; which means I was able to have date night all by myself with Nick before jumping into the deep end tomorrow. Dallas was taking Greyson and Buddy for the night while took a huge weight off my shoulders. 

I had Imagine Dragons on shuffle while I was getting Greyson ready to go over to my sisters; and while I was singing along to I Don't Know Why I heard this god awful crash sound.

Flashbacks to when he broke his arm came rushing back to me, and I was now scared something has happened to Greyson again. I ran to where I left him, praying to God he was fine. I walked into the kitchen to find Greyson trying to lift the barstool back up off the floor, the barstool was a little over an inch taller than he was.

I helped him lift it before asking what he was doing. "Get water, thirsty" he whined, showing me his kid cup. I pursed my lips, trying not to smile.

I had been working every night lately on helping his speech. He was getting better but he still struggled. My mom had given me some new flashcards and games to do with him to try and make it more fun. I had also bought some prizes so he felt like he was gaining something from sitting down with me every night to do it. 

I was debating putting him in speech courses because I was feeling insecure that I wouldn't be able to do it alone, it was actually something I wanted to talk to Nick about. 

After our recent conversations, I've been trying really hard to include him in more things, and I thought about tonight of bringing up the conversation of how he would feel about Grey calling him his dad. Every time I thought about it, I felt this burning fire in my stomach. I haven't brought it back up since my birthday and honestly the idea of committing that much sounded terrifying.  

I was brought back to the situation at hand when Greyson waved his empty cup at me. 

This kid and his needs. First it's a snack and now it's a drink. When will he ever learn just to ask?

"Okay Mr. Independent. If you are thirsty, ask momma for water. I'll happily help you love bug. I don't want my baby getting hurt, okay?"

"Sowwy Mommy" He pouted, waving his glass in the air at me. 

I grabbed his plastic blue cup that had little whales on it, turning on the tap. 

I bent down and lifted him up with one arm, the glass in the other.