58| Come Back

song: Hold On - Chord Overstreet

* * * * 

I love you, and I'm so so so sorry!!!! Don't scream at me! To my friend who has known about this, you've already yelled at me... so let's get this over with..

Warning: Stillbirth - I don't make it graphic. I can't put me, or you through that :(
I don't drag it out. It's too painful for that, I hope you all understand <3

*Demi's POV*

Going into today thinking we were just gonna see our beautiful little girl on the ultrasound machine, to getting a C-section booked for later tonight... has been the biggest shock to my nervous system.

Nick immediately called Dallas, finding out if she could watch Grey, only to learn she in fact couldn't, which meant we were stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Thankfully Madison stepped up and was willing to take Greyson and Buddy, taking that worry off of our shoulders and putting aside all of our current sibling drama.

The idea of my baby girl having her cord wrapped around her neck is a mental picture I wanted to forever erase. It was such a graphic mental visual to have stuck in my head for hours on end, that I was honestly starting to drive myself insane.

Our c-section was scheduled for 11:30pm, which meant I had 8 hours of agonizing silence.

Nick left to go get things from our home once I was fully admitted into the hospital, tears pouring down my face as nurses talked to me, explaining the surgery and producers to me, answering any questions I may have had.

It wasn't an emergency c-section so I had to follow all of the steps, showering, drinking, not eating, not shaving— alone.

I stepped out of the shower, smelling of antibacterial soap, my cheeks bright red as my hands fought the urge to cradle my bump.

I knew I couldn't keep crying, that it would stress her out and be really bad in the end, but I couldn't help it. I was terrified to touch my bump, acting like it was hot to the touch, yet at the same time, all I wanted to do was coddle my stomach.

My baby was about to be quite literally ripped from her home two months early, and there was nothing I could do about it. I just wanted to keep her safe, to protect her, to leave her where she is until she was finished developing, and I wasn't allowed to.

I paced in the hospital room, constant thoughts surfacing such as: her name, her godparents, how we were going to take care of three kids.. everything.

We weren't ready.

But at the same time, I also thought about the new baby clothes we bought, and her nursery that was almost done and how excited I was to actually do this again. To restart. Get a second chance. To have another beautiful baby girl that I could love up on, to give Greyson and Lennox another sibling. A baby both Nick and I created.

I wanted to do this, and that alone terrified me to no end.

We were welcoming a new addition to our family within the next few hours and I couldn't tell if I wanted to drown or swim, so I floated.

The moment I had my IVs and Nick was in his scrubs, it started to become real.

"We're really doing this" I whispered to Nick, my eyes full of tears as my medical team got ready to bring us to the OR room.

"We're doing this" He nodded, leaning down to kiss me softly. "I love you, Demetria" He murmured, the lump in my throat growing.

I nodded, whispering it back before the nurse started wheeling me out of the room, Nick's hand keeping a tight hold on my own.