Waiting

Tyler watched as strangers in uniforms passed by her without a second glance but, even the ones who noticed her regarded her with disgust which wasn't anything out of the usual. She glanced at her backpack that they were yet to search. Buried underneath her spare clothes was the priceless tiara that no doubt had caused all of this chaos. How many people there knew about Helena's involvement though? It hadn't been mentioned to her at all so why would a common police officer know?

The ringing of her head had reduced after she'd accepted the help at the hospital before being brought to the station and it had been confirmed the obvious theory that her finger was broken. Though it had been made worse by the activities she'd partaken in those last few days. But what a last few days of freedom they were. Only weeks ago she was helping Quinn move in and then everything happened. A positive from that experience was that she'd met Jai. She hoped he'd keep his promise and take the same fate as Quinn to get out. He didn't deserve to get caught up in that life after they'd barged into his. Maybe he could help her get over it. Her parents would be more impressed by him than her. They never liked the girl that their daughter into trouble. They disliked her even more after she'd failed her gcse's and A-levels though her father always had hoped that she had pretended to not understand. He was right of course but he didn't know and would never find out now. They would probably not let Quinn near her if she's sentenced for murder. She wouldn't either. It would ruin her image.

The year after, Quinn would probably take over their company so that they could retire and she'd permanently live in Japan with the rest of her family as it was originally planned when they let her have a gap year to do whatever she wanted before she worked. Quinn was always good with people, she just didn't have many friends because they were too afraid to be friends with someone who was involved with her. It was not like she ever cared though. Quinn always went against people if she knew she was right, it was just her way of living.

"It's a surprise to see you here Miss Foxley," she turned her head to the right to see the familiar face of Officer Gray with a soft smile on his young face.

"You know me, trouble always seems to follow," Tyler sighed and gestured for him to take the seat next to her, "is there any word on things?"

"They're going to see you in ten minutes."

"How's it looking?"

He glanced at the ground, "not too good to be honest, it seems pretty final," she breathed out and rested her elbows on her knees, "I'll do whatever I can to help though. I have been observing you for a while now so I'd hope I know you pretty well," a lock of his hair fell into his face.

"Don't worry I'll be fine, somehow. So-," she patted her knees, "how have things been for you."

"Abigail is learning to skateboard soon and has started to have an obsession with old rock music. Probably because of all the old disks her grandfather left her. The old bat did have some taste in music," he chuckled and brushed the hair back.

Tyler leaned back into the chair, "And your wife?"

He ran his thumb over his index finger, "she's been working a lot recently so she's been stressing about that. Abbie misses her a lot."

"She seems like a hard worker," Tyler commented.

"Yeah, she is."

"What have you been doing recently then?" Tyler glanced back down at his hand again.

"I've been gardening a lot. In fact, I was just planting some tulips before I came here."

"Why did you come here if you never meant to? I thought it was your day off?" Tyler quizzed him as they both watched the door down the corridor open slightly.

"I wanted to try and help. I can't let someone be falsely be accused," the door opened wider and the chief police of the department Blakeman emerged with two of the other senior officers Archer and Baxter.

Tyler frowned as they glanced towards her and cracked her left knuckle, "well, we'll have to see how things turn out. I wish you all the best."

Officer Gray straightened up and gently put a hand on her shoulder, "keep up hope."

She stared at the hand on her shoulder and let out a shaky breath when he moved it away. Nodding to her Officer Gray stood up from his seat and made his way to his superiors. She smiled when he glanced over his shoulder at her and dropped it when he looked away, nibbling at the corner of her lip as they talked in hushed voices, seemingly arguing amongst themselves once Officer Gray had come over to them.

She reached her hand into her pocket and lightly grazed her hand against the ring as her thoughts rung through her head, unloading every single piece of information it could to her. After all she'd tried to avoid getting herself involved with the life her parents had, it was no use. Whatever happened it always went back to her parents and she just had to accept that.

It always led back to them.