A Boat Tour

A/N: sry for the late update, exams are starting and I'm ded💀Hope u'll enjoy this slightly longer chapter tho :3

It was already a bit gloomy when they finished the dessert. (y/n) felt like it has been hours sitting there, trying to suppress her flaring up emotions from spilling over. Natalie had tried the same, that (y/n) had noticed, but those feelings will likely contain Richard rather than Sinclair. Natalie's eyes were locked to Richard's the entire time, only granting Sinclair a few glances who however desperately tried to look for close proximity. How paradoxical.

But throughout the dinner, (y/n) had noticed a change in Sinclair's expression. She didn't know what exactly he was thinking, but she sensed that he sensed that something was off.
Fingers crossed, that was the only thing (y/n) could think of. She hoped that he would notice, she hoped that his feelings might change... and most of all, she hoped that he might have feelings for her...

After the dinner, everyone gradually went home, using their kids as an excuse. (y/n) didn't complain though. It was rather exhausting socializing with them while she was on a mental rollercoaster.

Fecklessly, she dropped down onto a chair in the back of the winter garden, made out of rattan material, as the last few people left. Natalie, Richard and Sinclair were at the front door, waving them goodbye.

(y/n) buried her face in her hands, traveling them to her temples and massaging them slightly, She sighed. She did promise Sinclair to stay longer, but she wasn't sure if she could bear it right now.

Just when she supported her hands on the armrests and pushed herself up to say him that she wasn't feeling that well, Sinclair came in. He stopped for a moment when he saw her state. „(y/n), are you not feeling well?", he asked worriedly „We can walk a bit outside so you can be in fresh air." He reached out a hand and smiled at her. Oh that smile.

No matter how hard she tried to suppress or ignore her feelings for this man...she couldn't resist them. Everytime he looked at her, she could see the stars refelcting in his eyes. The way he crossed his arms behind his back when he eyed something curiously (which happens quite often), and then, his soft blond hair that fell loosly into his face each time he was in thought of something else, too occupied to wipe them away. Tell me, how could I resist?

Now was such a time, his hair falling into his face and his hand still waiting for hers to join. "Would that be alright for you?", he added, driving her back to reality. Her eyes flitted back out of her trance. Slightly embarressed, she tugged a few loose tresses behind her ear, looking elsewhere as she took his offer. "Oh...yes...of course." ,(y(n) smiled sheepishly, taking his hand. He answered with a grin, guiding her outside.

"Finally we're out of that stiffy room.", he sighed, as a fresh gust of evening wind approached them"It was quite exhausting keeping the conversation going, don't you think?", Sinclair raised an eyebrow at her jokingly.

"..What?..um...yes, you're right.", (y/n) answered, surprised at his statement. He usually isn't the type who gets uncomfortable around people. Quite the contrary, he loves talking and telling stories. That's why is was all the more unexpected hearing him say that.

"I knew you felt uncomfortable too...", he muttered, grabbing a little stone from the ground right next to the water and throwing it into the river "You are otherwise a very joyful and social type. Today you seemed a little...off."

She chuckled slightly, also grabbing a stone now and throwing it into the water. "You too.", she said "Not the social butterfly I used to know." Sinclair laughed, poking his elbow into her side as a respond what lead her to poke him back. "I really hoped that noone noticed.", he admitted, looking at his boat now that was tied up at his little private dock "but I guess I can't hide anything from you." The last part sounded a bit strained due to the fact that he started to climb onto his boat and swung his legs over the railing. (y/n) watched him incredilously, surprised at his skillful movements.