Rainy Night

The sun already disappeared behind the distant horizon as (y/n) sat on the railing of his boat. Sinclair was driving the boat back to his little private harbor. Dark clouds started to emerge at the otherwise very clear sky from before.
He was extra careful when he parked but still scratched the peak of the boat on the wall a bit as he turned in. „Well, at least we're still alive", he sighed, followed with a slight chuckle. He then walked out of the canopy and picked up a thick rope which he threw over to the dock, leaping after it to tie it around a secured post.

(y/n) followed him carefully, holding his hand he reached out for her to steady herself on.
„Thank you...", she said „Good job out there."(y/n) giggled, referring to his boat driving skills.

„Pure talent, I told you.", he stated confidently. (y/n) then noticed Natalie and Richard approaching them from the estate. They waved at them, Sinclair smiled brightly and returned it while (y/n) just threw them a glance.

„How was the ride?", Richard asked innocently.

„Beautiful", Sinclair said „The water was calm and the view very soothing." he grinned.
(y/n) was glad he didn't bring up what was going on earlier, that she was thankful for...
She didn't want any of them to think of her as fragile or something like that...she tried to keep a cool head, at least in front of them.

„Sounds lovely.", he responded, then poked Natalie into the side with his elbow. Apparently trying to get her to say something.

„Oh..uhm...and Sinclair.", Natalie started raggedly „I just wanted to tell you that I will stay the night at the hotel with Richard...we wanted to uhm...stroll around the city a bit and talk...it's been a while since we've last seen each other after all.", she smiled constrainedly at her husband.

yeah, I bet she has missed him dearly. (y/n) rolled her eyes to herself. she probably just wants a nice fuck, that's what she missed.
How can she be so cruel to Sinclair? Was she always this way? Was I that blind?
(y/n) repeated those questions on and on in her head, still shocked at how little she's able to recognize in her once so close friend.

Sinclair looked at Natalie with such a warm smile that (y/n) heart was gradually breaking. His soft eyes were just so gentle before he leaned forward to peck her lips. „Of course darling, I understand.", he said „Have fun."

„Then..we will say goodbye for now.", Natalie said, a little too excited for (y/n)'s liking.

„It's been my pleasure meeting you two.", Richard added, shaking Sinclair's hand and shooting you an unsure look as you refused his hand.
Sinclair looked at you questionably but kept silent. He just waved them goodbye before the two of them left the property.

„...should I give you a ride home?", he asked nicely as Natalie and Richard disappeared behind the building, deciding not to ask her out any further. He looked at her and then up to the sky, eying the huge dark clouds that covered the sky almost entirely. „Looks like it's going to rain."

„No, It's fine...", (y/n) just said. „I can walk home."

„You sure? That's far quite from here", he reminded her worriedly. „And the rain-."

„Sinclair...Thank you for the offer, really.", she stopped him „I...I just need some time for myself." She gave him a weak smile, trying to ease his mind and get him letting her walk home.

He sighed and then nodded insightfully, knowing well that she has work things out herself before telling him what was going on.
„Alright, I understand.", he finally said, raising a hand as he smiled.

„Thank you, Sinclair.", (y/n) said, starting to walk towards the estate. He followed her step.
Walking around it, the two of them stopped at the front porch, now, Sinclair's old timer was the only car left that parked there.