Problems

Waking up alone wasn't normal at times for Adelina

Waking up alone wasn't normal at times for Adelina. Her uncle would be busy running errands or what not. Her thoughts were brought back to last night.

Chaos

She never thought that the two groups would go at eachother like a bunch of animals. It was bad for business. Adelina wanted to pick up the phone and call Ramon but it she couldn't. He could have been seriously injured. So she had another idea instead.

That was to call Benjamín.

Adelina made her way to the kitchen and picked up the telephone. She dialed Benjamíns number and put it up to her ear waiting for him to pick.

🌺

Benjamín sat at his desk, rubbing his head. He had just got off the phone from a very stressful phone call with Miguel Angel.

He was confused one he heard the same phone ringing. He looked up and glanced in Enedina's direction as she looked in his direction. He picked up the phone and answered.

"Hello"

"....Benjamín?"

Benjamín was shocked when he heard Adelina's voice. He didn't think Adelina would ever call.

"Yes, are you ok? Do you want me to get Ramón?"

"No. I..How is Ramón? I mean the fight was pretty intense."

Benjamin laughed, "Ramón is very lucky to have someone like you checking up on him. But he is fine. The doctor said Ramón was lucky."

Adelina sighed in relief, "Well thank you. I just wanted to check up on him"

"Would you like me to him that you called?" Benjamín asked.

"Yes please."

"Okay bye"

"Bye"

Adelina was relieved that Ramón was okay. She put the phone back on the counter and decided to walk around the property to get fresh air.

🌺

Benjamín hung up the phone and placed it on the desk. He looked out to his brother who was playing card games. Enedina walked into the office and sat on the little couch that was placed in the room.

"It was Adelina wasn't it?" Enedina asked.

"Yes, She was just asking how Ramón was."

Enedina smiled, "She is such a sweet girl. Adelina always makes sure everyone is ok."

"She is good for Ramón. He seems happier when she is around. Well I should go down their and tell him she called"

Benjamín exited the room and Enedina let out the smoke from the cigarette. She thought about her best friend. Enedina thought about inviting her over to the house. So she made her way over to the phone to call Adelina back.

🌺

Adelina stood at the front step waiting for Enedina to answer the door. She had brought some fresh fruit since it was a hot day. Once the door opened, she smiled at the sight of her friend.

"Come in, i feel like we never spend as much time together!" Enedina said as she closed the door behind Adelina.

Adelina smiled, "well I mean we are both busy. But thank you for inviting me."

"No problem, I just wanted to catch up and see what was going on."

"I mean l have been fine. How is business?"

"It is alright sometimes hectic but its whatever. I just feel that I am always having the ideas and my brothers never care."

Adelina smiled and rubbed the girl arm, "Well soon enough your brother will see that they have a smart sister that helps out alot."

Enedina laughed and hugged the girl, "I swear I do not know what I did to deserve or anyone in the matter. You somehow know how to lift everyone's spirit's."

"Well I just want people to be happy even though we live in a somewhat cruel world."

Enedina offered the girl some wine because it looked like they both needed it. They both sat outside admiring the view. They talked and talked until the sun set. Adelina didn't really want to go home knowing she would be by herself. So Enedina gave her the guest room to sleep in for the night. She knew she would have to leave early in the morning.

🌺

Adelina was stressed after the phone call with Amado. She had just returned home from spending a day with Enedina. Amado told her what had happened. Adelina was worried sick from her uncle and Amado. She told them to get some rest and get home safely.

Adelina sat in the garden looking at old photos. She smiled at a photo of her parents. That was taken at the hospital the day Adelina was born. Both parents have big smiles on their face. Hers faded as she thought about the day they died. She never thought she would lose them at a young age. But she did.

Sure Adelina had her uncle but that was all she had. But she also had Ramón and Enedina. All she ever wanted was peace in her life. No violence. No deaths.

But no one ever gets a happily ever after

Authors note: i hope you guys like this chapter. I made it longer then usual because I thought it would be nice. I'm not sure if I will still be posting regular schedule because I have testing and I am behind already so! But hopefully everything goes well! Hope everyone has a nice day!