77 | the one with a flurry of activities

🏁

The One With A Flurry Of Activities

"You are the first person I looked at with a mouthful of forevers. We have both known loss like the sharp edge of a knife. We have both lived with lips more scar tissue than skin. Our love came unannounced in the middle of the night. Our love came when we'd given up on asking love to come.
I think that has to be part of its miracle. This is how we heal. I will kiss you like forgiveness. You will hold me like I'm hope. Our arms will bandage and we will press promises between us like flowers in a book. I will write sonnets to the salt of sweat on your skin. I will write novels to the scar of your nose. I will write a dictionary of all the words I have used to describe the way it feels to have finally, finally found you.
And I will not be afraid of your scars.
I know sometimes it's still hard to let me see you in all your cracked perfection, but please know; whether it's the days you burn more brilliant than the sun or the nights you collapse into my lap, your body broken into a thousand questions, you are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
I will love you when you are still a day.
I will love you when you are a hurricane."
— Unknown

A/N:

hello, how is everyone? I'm sooo sorry this has taken eons, life has been so incredibly busy y'all, I've barely had a second to breathe 😩 hopefully I didn't lose all of you!! 😭

please leave lots of comments! 🥺

enjoy loves!

A R I E L L E

A R I E L L E

"Look!" I say with a gasp, pointing towards a waterfall flowing a short distance away.

Zayn smiles as he sees my excitement, grabbing hold of the side of my kayak to pull it beside his. He carefully puts his paddle down and then reaches his free hand over to grab my cheek, turning my face to his. His mouth descends upon mine and when he pulls back, he whispers, "I love you."

I want to question him on what that was for, but I decide against it. He's looking at me with such adoration that it completely fucking melts me into a puddle of mush.

"It's beautiful here, innit?" Zayn questions as we observe the water falling against some rocks, where it runs down to the surface of the lake.

"Very," I agree.

I'm not entirely sure what I expected this area of Canada to be like. I honestly didn't think much about it when I'd decided to vacation here. About the only thing I figured was that it'd be quiet, serene, calm.