20 | the one where he's desperate

🏁

The One Where He's Desperate

"It's bad manners to say 'I love you' with a mouth full of lies."
— Unknown

A/N: who wants a TRIPLE!!! update??? yes, you read that right! I have 2 additional chapters ready to go. so if y'all want to read that then comment lots and I will graciously serve! ps: the next chapter may or may not involve smut 😌

 so if y'all want to read that then comment lots and I will graciously serve! ps: the next chapter may or may not involve smut 😌

H A Y E S

If I thought sleep would consume me after Arielle left in a hurry early in the morning, I'd be crazy. So, when my mind raced wildly thinking about everything and resulted in a sleepless night, I wasn't surprised.

I feel like absolute garbage.

It's been a few weeks that I've grown to know Arielle and to say I fell in love quickly is something I'd restrain from saying. To have that sort of affection that I hold for Arielle in the amount of time we've known one another isn't something that is out of the ordinary.

It sounds weird when you say we've only been on four dates, but in reality we've known each other for over three months. Through the dates and texting one another, it's hard not to fall in love with a woman like her.

Sure, I tend to fall fast and I'm positive she doesn't have the same feelings for myself as I have for her, but that doesn't matter to me. If it's meant to be, if it's meant for her to love me, it will happen.

If not, then I'll survive.

But I feel like a total jackass. I feel like she feels as if I lied to get laid and that's the furthest thing from the truth. I got wrapped up in the lie of who I actually am and I wanted to tell her. Man, did I ever want to tell her, but I couldn't.

She has to understand that it was never my intention to lead her on. I truly love her. All of the quirky little things that make Arielle are the things I cherish most about her. This isn't some ulterior motive where I'm seeking a promotion or something.

She's someone very different to me. She's a wild child. Someone you can't quite pin down in life and I'm the type who wants to be married by twenty-five and have children shortly thereafter.

Despite the lack of sleep, I had to head into work today and so that's what happened in the early hours this morning.

It's been hard to focus throughout the day because I'm worried about too many things to keep track of. I'm troubled about Arielle's safety because I know what Karl is up to and how determined he is to get a conviction. I'm also anxious because I know I have to have a chat with Karl today and he can be rather tough on me.