"Let me take care of you."

Sunday May 2nd: Bucks vs. Nets
This is a longer chapter so I felt like naming it 🕶.

Kyrie blinked awake as he felt a familiar arm tighten around his waist, Kevin groaning from beside him, he shifted so that he laid on his back and went back to slumber.

Kyrie groggily rubbed his eyes and checked the time, 9 AM. They had arrived and checked in the hotel at 8 AM after a long bus ride where they (luckily) mostly slept.

Shoot around was at 10, they should be getting ready. He stood up and stretched, body shivering as he yawned, he turned around to Kevin, who was back to sleeping peacefully. Kyrie beamed, he looked so lovely.

"K," Kyrie called out, Kevin turned around so his back was facing Kyrie, Irving frowned at the gesture. He threw a pillow at his head but Kevin merely grabbed the pillow, mumbled a thanks and tucked it under his head.

Kyrie crawled on the bed and nudged Kevin, "K....."
"Ky, it's too early, give me five minutes," he complained, voice deep and rough, turning on his back to give Kyrie a nonchalant guise. Kyrie took this as an opportunity to crawl on top of him and gently sandwiched his face between his soft palms, hey swallowed his spit as he thought of something that might work: "K take a shower with me," Kyrie prompted, grinding his hips suggestively.

Kevin's face suddenly lit up in contrast to  his previous tired demeanour, he was suddenly fully attentive. You could say he woke up in more ways than one.

"Oka-" "Too late!" Kyrie proclaimed trying his best not to laugh as he saw Kevin's expression fall, rolling off of Kevin and skipping into the washroom. "Hey wait, get your ass back here Kyrie, before I destroy it."

Kyrie washed his face in the mirror with a spout of cold water, when he looked up: Kevin's chin was resting at the top of his afro and his arms snaked around Kyrie's waist.

"Look at how cute you are," Kevin chuckled cupping Kyrie's jaw as they both looked at their reflections. Kevin's voice was always so deep and gruff in the morning, his chest rumbled against Kyrie's back sending vibrations down Kyrie's spine.

Kyrie stayed silent, face boiling and heart pounding because he didn't know how to respond to that without sounding impossibly stupid, so instead he leaned back enjoying Kevin's warmth as Kevin picked at his messy hair, "You wanna shower before or after shoot around?"

Kyrie let out another yawn and shivered, "Maybe after," Kyrie suggested, rubbing his face and sniffling. "Oh, look who's sleepy now," Kevin laughed, leaning down to kiss the side of Kyrie's face, "Hey give me your 'fro pick."

Kyrie reached over at the toiletry bag by the sink and fished the afro pick, "Why?"

Kevin took it and began fixing Kyrie's hair, Kyrie grinned he was oddly moved by the tender gesture, "I L-word you."

Kevin snickered at that, he was about to make some stupid remark like 'Lubricate? Lead? Like? Label?' but decided against it.

He knew how hard it was for Kyrie to say the 'L-word' after his past relationships, and Kevin didn't blame him, because he was also very closed in - in that sense... in fact, he was much more hesitant to trust anyone at all.

But for once, Kevin will give it to Kyrie, it was a warming, heart filling moment. When they both... let their guard down...