Against the world.

It's been a rough patch

As... most may know.

But KD loves that about Kyrie, no matter how much shit they throw at him, he won't change. He won't be dictated by outside opinion, he will stand for what he believes in.

Kevin respects that, he always had.

Even when they first met in the Olympics and they hated each others guts, Kevin appreciated his confidence in that aspect. There weren't enough people in the world like Kyrie Andrew Irving, and KD still stands by that.

He's had a lot of time to think through his injury.

Basketball is important to him, but it's not worth whatever he's got going on with Kyrie. Because whatever he's got, he knows it's a once in a lifetime bond.

He can't say the same for others. Maybe Kevin's delusional for always being on Kyrie's side, but... so BE IT.

If I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna fall for my fucking beliefs. Kevin thought.

But following your beliefs doesn't make things any easier. Although KD had Harden to play with something about these games had felt pretty empty.

And wow, he just had to get injured once Kyrie came back.

Tonight, however, Kyrie and KD sat in a living room, watching the Nets game. There was a slight frown on Ky's face, Durant already knew the reason, or he should say, reasons.

Kyrie wanted to be out there, there was no doubt about it, amongst his teammates at least... Kev could give less of a fuck about what Nets fans thought they knew about Kyrie.

The other reason was a bit more disclosed. James and Kyrie have been having what KD calls a 'silent argument.' That being, none of them wants to confront or bite but they both knew James wanted to pry that needle into Kyrie's system.

But deep down inside, Kevin was glad they were arguing, he had been pretty jealous watching these games with just the two of them.

He respects the shit out of James and he knows Kyrie is just naturally a person who loves hugs and physical acknowledgment, but he can't help the sick bubbly feeling in his stomach when he sees Kyrie smiling and hugging someone else.