Chapter 8

[The next day]
[At the school]
[Shido POV]

The next day, as I walked into class I saw Kurumi had already sat in her seat. I remember yesterday she was killed by Mana but she still attended school with an expression as if nothing had happened.

Realizing my presence, Kurumi got up from her seat and then she walked up to me with a smile.

Kurumi=Ara, Shido-san good morning.

Shido=Mo-Morning...

Kurumi=I was so happy yesterday. You can take me out again next time Shido-san.

Shido=Is that so....

Kurumi=Nnn, I extremely happy.

Kurumi once again smiled. Was she talking about our date yesterday, or talking about that incident in the alley.

Kurumi=Well, I was a bit surprised.

Shido=.... About what exactly?

Kurumi=I thought you'd be absent from school today.

Shido=Then... would it have been better if I have not come to school?

Kurumi=No, Shido-san came to school like a good boy, it makes me happy.

Kurumi said with an innocent smile on her face.

I patted my chest trying to stay calm.

Shido=.... Kurumi.

Kurumi=? What is it Shido-san?

Shido=I... I've decided to save you.

Kurumi=Save? .....You really said something strange, Shido-san.

Shido=I won't let you kill again. I'm not going to let Mana kill you again. This is my, conclusion that I have reached yesterday.

Kurumi=... Ara, Is that so? Then... Today after class, please come to the rooftop.

Shido=Huh?

Kurumi then left.

[Y/n POV]

I'm walking towards school now.

Y/n=Hah...

I sighed as I thought about the incident in the alley yesterday. Some kids were killed by someone there.

Rabbit said it was most likely the demons who killed them because he felt a strange energy in that place and he was sure it was demons energy.

*RANG*

As I walked my phone rang. I then answered the phone.

[Rabbit]=Y/n.

Y/n=What now Rabbit?

[Rabbit]=Something very very bad happened.

Y/n=What do you mean something bad happened?

[Rabbit]=Meet me at the abandoned cemetery on the edge of town and I'll tell you what happened.

Y/n=I have a schoo-

*BEEP*BEEP*

He hangs up the call before I finish my words.

Y/n=Alright then Rabbit, you better have a good reason to call me there.

With my trickster technique, I then teleported to the cemetery he mentioned earlier.

[At the cemetery]

When I arrived at the cemetery, I saw Rabbit was already in front of the entrance of the cemetery.