Episode Seventy-Three

With each bit of blood that gets sucked out of your arm your head begins to drop down in front of you as you get lured into sleepiness. Each limb becomes heavy and your heart slows to a more peaceful beat but refusing to sleep you abruptly swing your head back though only to have your head start to give way again, slowly trying to find comfort onto Bruce's shoulder.

"That should be enough y/n, hopefully anyways. Come on, let's get you out of here." Carefully Bruce tries to take the wires and tubes out from your arm not wanting to cause you any pain however as you're slightly out of it you have no idea what Bruce had just said you watch Bruce unhook confused. Exhaustedly you say "Bruce? What are you doing? You need the blood... you need my blood." Weakly you move your arm to block Bruce from taking the wires away but Bruce rests his hand on top so that you'll listen to him as he says "y/n it's okay... we're done. There's someone here I think you'd like to see and possibly should lift your spirits up." One person comes straight to mind when you hear those words so ecstatically you say "Wanda's awake?! Why didn't you tell me sooner?! I have to see her." No care in the world you rip the needle out of your arm trying not to take any longer than you have already. Jumping back up onto your feet wanting to leave you become frozen to the floor as the room around you starts to spin, seeing you start to lose your balance Bruce quickly gets up so he can hold your arm to help support you. "Whoa slow down... you need to take it easy, but no y/n I'm sorry... She's still in the hospital. I don't think she'll be waking up any time soon. I'm sorry. But it's okay because you'll be seeing her soon I'm sure of it. I know you were expecting to see Wanda and if i had known you would have reacted like that i probably wouldn't have said anything but, I promise that you'll still have fun." Clutching onto Bruce's arm for dear life as your legs begin to tremble struggling to keep you standing up, "before I do anything or go anywhere can I please get something to eat? Like some orange slices or something, I don't think my body has the energy which is ironic as I was tasered not long ago. Just take me to some food." With you on his arm step by step Bruce helps you walk out of the cell, "food is where we shall go." In no rush Bruce makes sure that you don't push yourself too much so that you could possibly hurt yourself and does that by making sure to check in with you and if he sees himself that it could get too much for you to take a breather. It's not a far walk to the kitchen but with your body still recovering from Natasha's 'Black Widow bite' it makes it slightly harder, but you finally get there in the end.

When you walk in you don't see anyone or any food in sight. "So where's the food?" hearing your voice Thor makes himself seen by taking his head out of the fridge "y/n! It's been a long time. You're not looking so good, perhaps you should sit down and have something to eat." Bruce helps you lower yourself into a chair so he can go grab you something to eat. "Thor? When? Why are you here? I thought you were in Asgard?" to which Thor replies "well yes i was but Tony contacted me and said that you were ready for that rematch. Actually no he didn't. He asked if I could visit to give you a new face to talk to as apparently you've not had many people here to talk to and could hope that I might be able to distract you, and I thought what better chance to have that rematch of ours." Before saying anything to Thor, Bruce disappointingly says "Thor, did you drink all of the coffee again?" to which he answers "of course! This drink i like it." Bruce places a plate of food in front of you and gives you some juice and says "a lot of us do. Sorry y/n I'll make some more in a bit." Abruptly Thor shouts "ANOTHER!" As he smashes his mug to the ground and unable to help yourself in the situation you release a laughter that was so free and pure, and childish despite your adult years. It came to my ears as a tickle and bounced to Thor ears as he smiled to the sound. When you're able to bring your laughter to a stop you sarcastically say "smashing!" Despite the amusement you found Bruce isn't so impressed and says "you're cleaning that up." With not having anything to actually do with it you say to Bruce "why me?! He's the one that smashed the mug on the ground, not me." Answering your question Bruce says "not you." And slowly his eyes dart towards Thor as he says "him!" Not getting up to clean it yet Thor says "I will clean it up as long as we can get another." For a moment Bruce's skin starts to turn to a pale green in annoyance to Thor which you happen to notice so you say in hopes to try and keep him calm "how about this Thor we'll have our race to see who the fastest is then on our way back we can go and grab a coffee? And of course bring one back for Bruce. Deal?" excitedly Thor takes your glass of juice and smashes it alongside the smashed up coffee on the floor "DEAL!" Not wanting to annoy Bruce yourself you hide the grin that lurks on your face and silence the laughter followed as you see Bruces' eyes bulge out of his head while Thor sits chuffed with himself.

"Thor, did you seriously just smash another glass on the floor?!" to which Thor innocently replies "why yes." You lean over towards Thor and whisper "I think that was his favourite glass you just broke." Thor doesn't say anything rather his eyes do the talking for him as he makes sure to keep his contact away from Bruce, for once not being the person to make a room feel tense you proudly smile and say "I have missed you Thor." Not in the current mood to stay any longer in Bruce's presence Thor says "yes we'll get some of that food in you so we can see who the fastest really is once and for all!" slightly intimidated you take back to your original posture, "okay already..." to satisfy him well the both of them as they watch you like a hawk you take a bite of an Orange slice whilst flashing them both with an uncomfortable smile.