glaze lilies after the storm| 🔶️ Zhongli x M! Reader (fluff and smut)

How could I keep my sanity when I'm with you?

-

The winter season brought about ideal conditions for the harvest of rice grains. Among the wet padi fields, already forming a thin layer of ice on it's surface, you toiled away harvesting all the rice crops you could and stashing them away securely into your bamboo basket.

While harvesting the crops, you couldn't help but to let out a small laugh.

The winter season brought about so much more than ideal harvesting conditions.

You see, once the rice is harvested from the fields of Qingce village, a representative needs to head down to Liyue harbour to sell the goods. And you happened to be that guy.

"I wonder how Zhongli's doing..." you smiled giddily to youself while adjusting the straps of the bamboo basket on your shoulders.

A little while back on another one of your business trips, you met a knowledgable man who simply went by 'Zhongli' . That's right. No last name, hence thereforth no known history. Or at least that's what your grandma has told you.

"If a man doesn't go by any last name, then by the archons I swear he ought to be hiding something! Why else shed off the honour of carrying your ancestors labour and efforts?"

Of course being the millenial you were you couldn't care much for such ridiculous presumptions. What if he hated his surname, with it being the likes of 'kok' or something? (A/N: KOK IS AN ACTUAL SURNAME AND WE CHINESE PPL DO LAUGH ABT IT PLS DONT REPORT ME AJFBDJRJ)

You sniggered, changing out of your soaked boots into more comfortable walking shoes to prepare for the long journey toward Liyue harbour.

The first time you descended upon Liyue harbour you were fresh, inexperienced, and most importantly, extremely guillible.

-

Glaze lilies were one of Qingce Village's points for pride, as well as most well known export. It's flooded soil rich with earthly nutrients presented the best conditions for growing such delicate flowers. As such, you had carefully selected 5 of the best glaze lilies you've seen growing around the fields and meticulously packed them into your basket.

"1000 mora?!?!!" You almost let out an otherworldly scream at the, incredibly, high price the woman had offered. You excused yourself and did some maths at the side... Shit you could buy 2 years worth of potatoes with that price! "O-ok, dea-" (a/n guys lets pretend that Ms Bai scammer bitch doesnt exist ok)

"Young man, might I ask you to stay your hand?" A gloved hand gently latches onto yours, as you were already prepared to hand over the lilies. Confused, and perhaps a little startled by the sudden contact, you look up at the man, only to be stunned by his surprisingly sharp yet delicate features. And of course, that attractive smear of red beneath his eyes that accentuated the pool of molten gold in his eyes and his flawless snow white skin.

You might stutter for this man.

"Uh...Uhuh."

He raises a brow, long pony tail swishing behind him as he turns to face you. His face presents an amused expression, with the corners of his eyes slightly curved up and his lips bending into a beguiling smirk.

"You're not going to ask me why?"

"Uh I... I mean ya sure, why?" You swallow, hard.

"Well you see, young man, glaze lilies of this quality are in fact incredibly rare due to their peculiar growing condition requirements. For one to be fully bloomed like this requires much effort in the process of cultivation. Am I correct?"