■ Chapter 3 ■

I entered my house muttering a string of curses

I entered my house muttering a string of curses . That stupid arrogant jerk .Who the heck does he think he is. Thankfully this is the last time I'll be seeing him otherwise I am sure he is bound to be stabbed by me.

Th car didn't really have much damage which is good. I need to improve my damn mood. Well what's better than cooking?

An hour later I am sitting on my couch eating spaghetti and watching Shadow and Bone on Netflix. I admit I am a decent cook at least I'll be able to survive alone because I am pretty sure I am not getting anyone in my life ever.*laughs through the pain *

Right when I was in the middle of eating and completely devoted to Shadow and Bone ,my phone rings. Holy damn shit. That scared the shit out of me . I picked up my phone . Jackson. What the heck does he need .

'Hello ?'

' Boss you need to go to the headquarters. ' I raised my eyebrow. I really wasn't in the mood of going anywhere today and that too in the middle of the night.

' Why ?' Please don't be important, please don't be important .I need sleep.

Jesus, have mercy .

' They need to talk about an important mission boss .Didn't really elaborate. '

'Why not in the morning ?'

'Dunno.' Dunno my nonexistent ass.

'I'll be there.' With that I cut the phone and put my spaghetti down .Then jumped on a couch for 2 minutes because of irritation and then went to get ready as if nothing happened.

Half an hour later, I was standing in front of the huge headquarter debating in my mind whether I should quit this job or not . I really need sleep. My spaghetti .My Shadow and Bone. #sadlife

While I was standing infront of the building I saw both of the security guards at the door looking at me as if I lost my mind .I probably will. I murmur an apology and entered the building .
At the reception stood a new receptionist, a beautiful blond with white short skirt and low cut top.Her eyes were so beautiful, they were hazel unlike my normal brown. She was pretty.

' Hey ,I am here to see Mr. Herringsworth .'

She raised an eyebrow and looked at me up and down with ..unapproval ...Wait, I wasn't dressed that bad ,I was in my black professional suit .Nevermind.

Her opinion doesn't really matter.

' I am Adriana Rose Cordell .'

This made her eyes widen ..Umm..yes..I am pretty well known. ' Miss Cordell ,it's nice to see you. Mr. Herringsworth is waiting for you in the office .' I just nodded and went to the elevator. This place was well known to me .Not my first time here.

On my way to the elevator I collided with one of the workers making the files in his hand fall down. I muttered an apology bending down to help him pick up the files.