Eighteen: Distraction

[ Distraction ]

༓࿇༓

Taehyung

I practically ripped the seatbelt from around my waist, simultaneously tugging at the handle of the car door before I rushed out of the vehicle.

"Yah! Kim Hyunshik!" I yelled deeply, throwing my hand up in the air roughly with my finger pointed at the man who was currently gripping Jia harshly by the arms.

Both heads shot in my direction and I locked eyes with Jia for just a second, visibly taking note of how wide they were in what seemed to be fear. I quickly turned my head away from her and looked at Mingyu, the actor who played Kim Hyunshik, my character's stepbrother in the series.

We were currently filming a scene that was close to the end of the third episode where my character, Hyunjun, stumbles across a little altercation between Jia's character, Jinsi, and Mingyu's character, Hyunshik.

The argument was taking place in front of Hyunjun's apartment building and he just happened to arrive home when this whole thing was going down, although he wasn't sure how the two even knew each other in the first place.

I barely wasted a second before roughly grasping my hand around Jia's forearm, pulling her whole body against mine, forcing Mingyu's hands off of her as I put my own arm around Jia's shoulders from my spot behind her.

Jia's head immediately lifted up, forcing her eyes shocked eyes to meet with my own as we both breathed heavily in silence.

My chest rose and fell along with hers due to our heavy breathing, our eyes locking firmly onto one another and I gulped. I wasn't supposed to gulp, it wasn't part of the script. Yet I gulped.

I rubbed my hand up and down her arm a little bit as I continued to stare into her brown eyes. I wasn't supposed to caress her like that. Yet I did.

I wasn't supposed to stare at her mouth. Yet I somehow caught myself doing exactly that like an idiot.

What the fuck? Why the hell was I improvising in places where I wasn't required to? Literally, none of this was included in the script nor was it a part of the workshops that we had done before filming finally started.

Regardless of my lack of explanations for my current actions and thoughts, I still pulled Jia even closer to myself. Something else I wasn't supposed to do, yet I still did.