Chapter 4: Leaving Camp

"Hey again! Narrator here! Listen, nothing interesting happens the day after Diellza gets to the camp, so we're just going to skip it and go to the day when they are being taken to The Outcast Lands." The Narrator said with a smile while the scene behind him played, fast forwarding past the second day.

It paused showing the cabin with Diellza waking from her slumber. Then the scene started to play.

Diellza woke to the sound of Romaine screaming and yelling.

"Everyone up and at 'em! It's the day and you have to be ready within the hour!" Romaine yelled.

The girls of the cabin began getting out of bed, grumbling as they did.

"Why do they have to do this so early?" Groaned Leda.

The girls including Diellza voiced their agreence as they started getting ready. For ten minutes of them getting ready all you heard was the complaints of the cabin excluding Romaine. If you looked, Romaine was done with them and was about ready to explode.

"Ok, all of you get over here in a line." After seeing their hesitance Romaine shook her head before shouting, "Now!"

The girls jumped and rushed in front of Romaine, Diellza at the end of the line. Romaine started to walk back and forth in front of them.

"Do you all know what's going to happen there?" Romaine asked after she stopped walking. No one said anything so she continued.

"You're going to see death not just of your family but your allies, your enemies, and just people you don't even know! The people in The Outcast Lands are already up and waiting to slaughter us once we get there and you're all complaining that you didn't get a good night sleep! Last night is the closest you'll be to a good night sleep for a long time!" She finished leaving the girls shaken, frightened, and on the verge of tears. With the exception of Eve who couldn't stop the tears from rolling down her cheeks.

She stopped before sighing and continuing, "Listen, I know you probably didn't want to hear that. It's the truth and I would rather tell you the truth and have you survive than tell a lie and you all die as soon as we get there."

She stayed quiet for a few more seconds before saying, "Ok, go finish getting ready. I will be waiting outside, when you are done come outside and wait with me."

With that she opened the cabin door leaving and shutting it behind her. The girls continued getting ready multiple let their tears flow down their cheeks. There was no talking in the cabin only the sound of occasional sniffing.

Diellza had thoughts racing around her head. What Romaine said made her wonder, 'did she want to get f****** close to these girls?' If she did, she might have to watch them die or they could decide to betray her and cause her death.

While Diellza was thinking Shannen came up behind her, "Hey, Diellza?" She asked.

Startled out of her train of thought she turned to look at her, "Yeah, what do you need?" Diellza responded.

"Oh, I was wondering if you could move over so I can grab something." Shannen told her pointing at the bag next to Diellza's.

"Sure, I was just finishing up anyway. Grab what you need then-" Diellza was interrupted by Mina yelling, "Hey can you help me with something Dielz."

Diellza looked at her confused, "Dielz? When did that happen?"

"Oh, I just came up with it. I hope you don't mind because I will call you that from now on!" Mina flashed a smile.