balcony boy

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

you always walked a certain path to school, and every time you walked it, you would pass by this house near the edge of your block.

it was rustic looking, not a usual type of house style that you would find in korea, but it was there, nonetheless. and every time you passed by it, there would be a boy sitting on the balcony up top.

he would always be situated on an off-white rocking chair, staring out at the distance as if he wasn't able to do anything else.

but every time you passed by, he would look down at you, his russet colored eyes trailing over your figure before he smiled. you would do the same, offering a small wave as you trekked on.

you assumed today would be the same, the cloudy morning sky causing the cool air to brush against your exposed skin. you strolled along the side walk as you hummed along to the song playing through your earbuds.

when the area around you grew familiar, you lifted your head up to the mundane house, your eyes darting around the top balcony to spot the boy.

but he wasn't there.

huh, that's strange... you thought, your eyebrows furrowing lightly. is he still—

"hi."

you felt your body stop at the voice, your eyes traveling down to the porch of the house where the tall figure of a male stood, his hands tucked into his jacket pockets as he rocked back and forth on his heels.

it was him.

eyes widening a bit, you removed an earbud from the place it was previously situated in and let it hang down by the wire, bringing your hand up to give a small wave. "um, hey."

the boy offered a small smile, his teeth moving to pull at the skin of his bottom lip. "hi- wait, i already said that. um, what's up?"

a small laugh escape your lips at his awkwardness, his face lightly flushing as you glanced down at your feet.

"uh, nothing much," you answered, lightly kicking a pebble across the road. "just... school, mainly."

the boy nodded, his shaggy dark hair swinging a bit with his movements. "yeah."

"what's up with, um, you?"

the brunette shook his head, rubbing the back of his neck. "nothing really."

it was silent for a bit, the two of you glancing around at the environment around you. the boy glanced at you, watching as your fiddled with your dangling earbud.

"ah! i'm jungkook, by the way," he introduced, grabbing your attention. "well, jeongguk, but everyone just calls me jungkook."

you nodded with a smile. "it's nice to, um, finally meet you. i'm (y/n)."

"it's nice to finally meet you, too," jungkook replied.

the silence returned once more, the both of you awkwardly rocking back and forth on your heels as you stood in your spots.

you wracked your brain for something to say, an idea popping up as you glance back at him. "i was kinda worried earlier."

"hm?" jungkook lifted his eyes back up to you, his eyebrows ruffling a bit. "how come?"

"i didn't see you up there," you explained as you gestured to the top of the house with a small laugh. "i thought something happened."

the brunette smiled and shook his head. "yeah, i just... i don't know, i just wanted to... talk to you, i guess? we always smile at each other, but we've never said a word."

you made a face of realization and nodded in understanding before glancing down at your pocket, a vibration coming from your phone grabbing your attention. you slipped it out of your jacket and switched it on your eyes widening at the text you just received from one of your classmates.

you turned to look back up at jungkook, an apologetic look in your eyes as he stared at you. "ah, sorry to cut this short, but i gotta get to school."

the boy widened his eyes before nodding vigorously in understanding. "oh, yeah, don't worry about it! sorry for holding you up for so long."

"oh, no, it's fine," you assured, biting your bottom lip as you contemplated an idea.

quickly, you pulled a pen and sticky note out of your backpack's side pocket, jotting down some words before rushing up the steps to the house's porch. jungkook quirked an eyebrow as you handed him the bright piece of paper, not getting a chance to respond as you darted back down the steps and began to jog away.

you glanced at him over your shoulder, tossing jungkook a small smile as he stared at your figure descending down the road. "text me!"

a smile overtook the boy's features as you turned back around and continued on down the street, hurriedly making your way to school.

jungkook glanced down at the sticky note in his hands, reading over your handwriting that spelled out your number and the words "text me sometime :)" written underneath it.

he glanced back up at the spot you last stood, the reminiscence of your smile making his face lightly heat up as he bit his bottom lip.

"glad i finally worked up the guts to talk to them."

❈❈❈

this is short, but i thought it was cute hehe—

part two, maybe? idk, probably lmao

hope you enjoyed! take careee

—ángel