Doomed - Chapter 6

Flip: "Finally decided to give me a call, ay Tanuki?"

Y/N: "I'm sorry I'm calling at this hour."

Flip: "That's quite alright, are you coming to the race tonight?"

Y/N: "I can't make it tonight. I have some personal issues I need to deal with."

Flip: "Do those personal issues include what you said to the religious group that just moved in?"

Y/N: "Partly."

Flip: "You've got a lot of nerve, kid. I wouldn't doubt you're on their secret hit list."

Y/N: "Most likely."

Flip: "Well that's fine if you can't race, but you're not going to get any money."

Y/N: "I know. I'll race next time. We can meet up at your place tomorrow night and discuss things there."

Flip: "I always knew Tanukis were troublemakers. Even Michiru caused a conflict between me and my daughter, but she meant well, and I'm sure you mean well too."

Y/N: "I wouldn't say something nasty to someone without a purpose, but sometimes I wish I could control my instinct."

Flip: "We all get that way (Y/N), remember, you're still young. It'll come to you one way or another."

Y/N: "I guess so. I didn't know a mafia boss could be so therapeutic."

Flip: "I've seen some things. Being the boss helps me learn quickly, I'm not that old yet. Just enjoy life while you can kid, remember you can always back out of our deal if it's going to affect you."

Y/N: "I won't back down. I like racing, I'd say it's a coping mechanism."

Flip: "Good. Now go get some sleep kiddo, I also have to get Nina to go to bed as well, she stays up too late for her age."

Beep.

You go back to the beastman cooperative and slowly strut inside. During your short drive you really thought about yourself, kind of did a little check up. You really need to slow down a bit, you're all worked up, you're acting as if you're being powered by a motor, nonstop movement and you don't think before you speak.

Melissa and Gem are on the couch watching TV together, so you slip by them and tip toe up the stairs, trying to avoid everyone. You're not feeling yourself right now, it's almost as if you just got slapped in the face by reality. You sneak by Michiru's room and slowly open the door to yours, slowly closing it behind you. You lean against the door and let out a sigh.

Michiru: "What was that all about back there?"

You get startled and jump, turning on your phone flashlight. There's Michiru, sitting on your new mattress, legs crossed and looking unamused. She turns on a small lamp in the room and you turn off your flashlight, looking down.

Y/N: "I don't want to talk about it."

Your voice quickly changed. You were once confident in what you said, boasting a loud tone, but now you sound somber and sorrowful.

Michiru: "(Y/N)... Are you okay?"

Y/N: "I'm fine."

Michiru: "You do not sound fine."

Michiru gets up and walks over to you, lifting up your head with both of her hands. She squishes your cheeks a little bit and your face gets hot.

Michiru: "Here, come with me."