Overdrive - Chapter 7

Y/N: "Will you go out with me?"

Michiru: "Oh! I- This is very sudden..!"

Y/N: "I know, but I think you're really cute and I love being around you, I just had to ask you."

Michiru thought for a moment and looked at you briefly, then smiled and nodded her head.

Michiru: "Yeah..! I will! I'll go out with you!"

Your face gets really hot and you start smiling like a goof.

Y/N: "Heh- I didn't think you were actually going to say yes.."

Michiru: "(Y/N), I'm just glad you actually asked me!"

Y/N: "So... it's nice out. Wanna go out on a date?"

Michiru: "Of course!"

You both smile and you walk over to the Mustang, opening the passenger side door for Michiru.

Y/N: "Y-Your horse and carriage are here!"

Michiru giggles and steps inside.

Michiru: "You're such a goof~"

You close the door for her and walk over to your side, stepping in and starting up the car. Ready to go, you give it a little too much gas and the car lurches forward.

Y/N: "Op-! I'm sorry! Force of habit..."

Michiru: "It's okay! At least you didn't keep going."

You ease on the gas and get on the road, it's a beautiful day, the perfect day for a date. But... what're you guys going to do?

Y/N: "Um.. What should we do? I've never been on a date before-"

Michiru: "We should go get something to eat first. I know we just ate, but I'm still hungry.."

Y/N: "It is almost lunch time anyway, so why not."

You get stuck behind some traffic at a red light and it's awkward silence.

Y/N: "If you wanna listen to something on the radio just turn it on, it works."

Michiru: "Okay!"

Michiru messes around with the tune dial and different radio stations are picked up, but she keeps browsing. Eventually, an upbeat song comes on with Japanese lyrics and some English.

Michiru: "Oh I love this song! Nazuna and I used to listen to this song together all the time."

Y/N: "You and Nazuna, huh?"

Michiru: "Yup!.... You don't hate Nazuna, right?"

Y/N: "I didn't like her, but as you said she's probably being manipulated by the Boris guy, so I can cut her some slack."

Michiru seems reassured and lounges back in the vinyl seat. Letting out a sigh and relaxing as the light turns green and you get to driving again.

Michiru: "It's a beautiful day... The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, and I'm going on a date!"

Y/N: "Heheh- You can say that again."

You're keeping your eyes on the road, but sometimes you catch a glimpse at Michiru, she's got her window down and her hair and fur are flowing in the wind. You really can't get enough of that girl, can you?