Part 9

Time to get started.

-Alina's POV-

I poured in the Dreamshade quickly before putting the lid on and letting it sit. I checked outside to see that it was already light. I turned to Pan's shadow.

"You need to go now," I said, pointing at the sunlight that was coming through the water.

He looked out before his eyes widened and he took off without another word.

I looked around to make sure that he was gone before putting my hand on the side of the pot and manipulating the Dreamshade inside, easing my power through the pot in order to speed up the process of making gas bombs. My powers stopped when there was no more liquid left and when I looked in, all I could see was smoke.

I smiled and got on my knees before lifting off the lid, the smoke heading straight for the top of the cave. I held my breath as I manipulated the smoke.

It swirled into a line before splitting off into different bubbles of dark green smoke. I stood back up, the smoke staying away from me as I flicked my fingers, forcing one bubble at a time to fill up each individual pouch full of deadly smoke. I looked at the pouch of my belt. All of the pouches were filled to the brim with smoke that I knew could kill someone within seconds.

I flicked my wrist, the fire dissolving immediately into a burnt out fire place with dark grey smoke filled the cave. I sighed and nodded my head towards the waterfall, the smoke bolting to the water. I rubbed my head and knelt to the ground. I had roughly ten hours until I had to expose myself to Pan and his so called "lost boys".

I took if my belt and put it with the rest of my clothes before going over to a blanket and a log on the ground. Pan's shadow must have left it there, not knowing about my insomnia.

He is so sweet.

I sighed and layer down on the blanket and put my head in the log. I allowed myself to fall asleep, finally put my body and mind to rest as I fell into a peaceful sleep.

-Six hours later-

I woke up with a start, bolting out of my relaxed state before jumping up and looking around. I looked outside seeing that it was already getting dark and the sun was setting. That gave me roughly three to four hours before I had to be ready. I will changed out of my clothes, leaving on my underwear and bra before turning to the waterfall. I reached into my bag and got out my shampoo and conditioner before turning again, back to the water.

I moved my hands in a come-closer motion and water began to move away from the waterfall and it a giant orb of floating water. I watched as it continued to grow and grow before cutting out the supply of water and letting it hang in the air. I went over to my shampoo and got some out before squirting it into my hand and rubbing it throughout my hair.

I curled my finger in and the water bubble came closer, swirling around my head but never once getting in my eyes. I felt as my hair twisted and swirl but it never once pulled or became tangled. I twisted my arms around to my back, unclipping my bra and throwing it on the ground. I pulled down my underwear and threw it towards my bra before getting more water and washing my body.

I moved the water off of my hair and got out some conditioner. I ran my finger through my wet hair, allowing every hair to be outline in a thin layer of conditioner. I stopped and focused on manipulating the water and cleaning any dirt and junk from my body or hair.

When I was done with my... cleaning routine, I returned the water to the waterfall, drying off my body by taking every single droplet of water out of my hair and on the edge of my skin with it. My hair and body was completely dry.

I walked over to to my backpack, picking up my dirty bra and underwear and putting them into my bag before searching for clean ones. I found my bra and underwear, both were black and laced with linen. I quickly put them on, clipping my bra on before walking over to my outfit.

I put on my pants and shirt, both of them covering every single bit of skin that was visible except for the v-neck that showed a bit of my collar bone and neck. I put on both of my knife holsters before adding my knifes to fill up the empty spot in the sheaths.

I added on my mask, making sure that I could breath before putting on my cloak, tying it easily so that I could take it off in the event of a battle.

I stood up, tying my hair into a hair ponytail, the amber locks still coming down to my waist. I spun around before my eyes caught on a dark figure. I pulled out my knife and was about to attack when I recognized the familiar form of Pan's shadow.

I scowled through my mask and threw the blanket that he left for me and I threw it at his head. He chuckled.

I smiled. "How did Pan take the news?"

He sighed. "He asked how many people he was supposed to except for this war and when I answered one, he laughed."

"I excepted nothing less," I chuckled.

"But he is still preparing for a war," he added.

I smirked.

"Did you get it done," he asked.

"Yes."

"Please don't let them die. I like some of them and if you kill off Pan... you will kill me too."

I paused. "I won't let them die. I just need them either weakened or unconscious."

The shadow nodded and glanced at my attire. I look down to see that my hands were not gloved yet with my retractable, metal staff hanging off of my gloves.

I slid my hands into the gloves, feeling the soft fabric glide over my fingers. I saw the staff hanging barely out of reach, easily to where I could tap the button and extend the staff into it's six-foot length.

I looked at myself before glancing at my belongings. I had my backpack packed to the fullest with enough room to add my father's journal in when I was done reviewing the lost boys' and Pan's weaknesses and strengths before returning the book to my bag and handing it over to the shadow.

He held it like his life depended on it. "If you lose this, I will kill everyone in my battle tonight, including Pan," I said, my voice displaying a hint of venom.

He nodded before flying off to who knows where. I sighed and looked outside. The sun was halfway gone. One hour left. I checked my weapons and clothes before putting on my socks, making sure that they covered every single but if revealed skin. I slipped on my boots, the flexible material allowing my feet to slide in without resistance. I jogged in place, making sure everything felt good before walking towards the edge of the cliff, the waterfall covering the perfect view of the sunset.

I looked down, the ground becoming increasingly far from me. I took a deep breath, putting my trust into my powers that I could float down before getting into my stance and leaping off of the edge, soaring into the air.

I felt my powers manipulate the air particles around me, allowing my body to float down easily before dropping to the ground.

As my body hit the grass, I tucked in my body, rolling, before jumping back up to my feet.

I looked towards the forest and then turned back to the view.

The ocean was dark as I could see mermaids gossip and swim in Mermaid Lagoon. The sunset was a fiery orange with a deep red and yellow mixing into the sky.

There were pieces of rock that were sticking out of the sea, as if a wall, sealing off the waterfall and its water to the rest of the sea.

I sighed.

I would miss this.

I turned my back away, not wanting to believe in the possibility that I would never see this again.

I looked into the forest once more, a voice echoing through my head, "Forty five minutes remaining."

I sighed and walked into the forest, ready for a war.