Chapter 10

a/n: if i made an insta would u guys follow it? i mean i have a twitter but i don't use it lol

You didn't stay with him that time.
As soon as Chelle showed up you accepted your defeat and allowed her to sweep him away, even if it was obvious Danny wanted to refuse.
But you both knew this needed to happen eventually. You prayed that he would take this opportunity to talk to her.

And even if you thought she was being a bitch, you wanted her back. You missed her even if it has hardly been a day.

Back in your math block, you ranted to Kennedy about it. You didn't want to make it a giant drama around the other school girls because you know how much they live for this type of thing.

She looked bored at first, her eyes very relaxed as she watched you with her unimpressed expression. A few minutes during listening to your hushed whispers she put her pencil down and leaned into your words with a frustrated expression.

"Are you sure you didn't do anything?" She asked suspiciously.

"Yes, I'm sure! Oh my lord, why does everyone ask me that?" You huffed and leaned back into your chair and looking at the grey, tiled roof.

"Just making sure." She shrugged. "And she took Danny away from your table at lunch? She sounds so toxic."

"Only when she's upset." You assured her and played with a strand of your hair. "I usually wasn't her victim, though. I was her ally."

"Did Danny talk to her?"

"I don't know. I kinda just left. I really didn't want anything to do with it."

"And why don't you talk to her?"

"'Cus she's avoiding me."

She shook her head. She seemed very deep in thought, you could see her freckles on her forehead wrinkling as her brain gears turn.

"Nope. Can't help ya." Your eyes rolled at her response. "It's not my fault, Y/N. I've never had this happen to me before. But if I had to say something, I say just give her time. It's only been a day. Give her time."

You didn't want to admit it, but she was right. Your eagerness to fix the situation would just make it worse. Chelle couldn't be rushed and you knew if anyone could talk to her, Danny could. It was weird how soon she put his words over yours, deeming them more important and truthful than whatever you had to say.

It frustrated the living shit out of you.

"Are you going to prom?" Kennedy asked, pushed her red coils back behind her face. You shook your head.

"Are they really having prom this late in the year? Shouldn't it be during spring?"

"I guess not. But everyone is looking forward to it, do you have a dress?"

"I'm not going." You shook your head. "I don't have a boyfriend to go with, and my only friend thinks I'm trying to get with her man."

"But it's our senior year. You can't just not go."

"Ha, watch me."

~

...

The dress was so uncomfortable on the young women's figure. She had been accustomed to wearing fancy dresses like this before, but she hated this one even more. It scratched her skin in all the wrong places-even though it looked very good on her.

It wasn't the idea of fancy dresses that she was against. She had worn dresses much like this one, but it felt different when Y/N was playing the role of the wife of one of the most infamous investigators in the country. Now the pressure was on her to show off her talents for persuasion and deceit.