He is my mate?! (5)

"What?" Hunter and Ava look at me shocked as I slam the door closed.

"I didn't feel it! What could this mean? Is he dead?" I feel crushed. I didn't even get to meet him!

"Whoa Chapin slow down!" Hunter looks at me. "Tell us everything." I start at when I left the pack house, and finished with putting the dishes away and leaving.

"You heard the clock bing at seven and didn't feel it?" Ava asked confused.

"I know! Right before the clock binged I said the reason I didn't have a mate was because I didn't want one and then nothing! Do you think the moon goddess took me seriously?"

"I think you need to calm down." Hunter states. "Maybe it was a fluke!"

"What if he is dead?" My head is swirling.

"Chapin!" Hunter grabs my arms and sits me down on my bed. "I think you need to calm down."

"Maybe you just need a bath and a good book and we can figure this out more tomorrow." Ava suggests and I nod.

"Maybe your right." Ava holds out her favourite book of the moment to me.

"Good now go take a bath and read a good book." I smirk at them and walk over to take the book and then retreat to the bathroom. Before I enter I turn to look at my best friends.

"Thanks for always being there."

"You're our best friend we wouldn't have it any other way."

-

The bath was good and now I smell nice! It was defiantly something I need to do more often. After I finish Ava suggests that I use the memory foam bed in the spare room and I decide that I should too. What can it hurt? Hunter told me she was sleeping in my bed since the floor has been giving her aches and I said she could. I am currently in the spare room reading a book Ava gave me. It's pretty good strangely it's a werewolf book but they got a lot of things wrong and it sort of makes me laugh a little.

My phone rings as I grab it and pick it up as soon as I see the caller ID.

"ARI!!!" I shout into the phone and I can hear her melodic laugh come through the line.

"Did you hear?"

"Your coming to visit me!" I laugh and she does too.

"I'm going to train you." I pout.

"I just want to hang out and such. How long are you going to be here?"

"Your dad said just for the work week." I nod knowing that's only five days max.

"That sucks."

"Why is your dad training you again?" She asks.

"Nah, enough about me! How are you, Miss I have a fiancé!"

"I'm good and so is Logan. Having him be my mate has been the best thing that has happened to me!" She gushes.

"How did he ask you? You never told me, we were both too busy yelling and discussing details about the wedding" I sound like an excited little girl. She laughs.

"He took me to the beach. We spent the whole day together and as the sun was setting he got our friends to come and he proposed to me on the water line, Adam got the whole thing on video you have to see it." I smile. I've always liked Logan as a cousin like Adam and now that he is marring one of my best friends! It's amazing.

"So when is the wedding still in eight months?"

"He pushed it back again so he said maybe twelve months. We have been engaged for a month already and I want the wedding to happen tomorrow or as soon as possible but he keeps insisting that there is no rush." She tells me and I can hear the annoyance in her voice as I laugh. "I just want him to be my husband!"