Welcome back (7)

Shane's POV

I woke up the next morning having had the best sleep ever. I feel Chapin in my arms and I pull her closer to my chest. I've waited four years to hold my mate like this and it makes all the waiting worth it. I look at Chapin as she sleeps. She's so beautiful, like precious porcelain. Her eye lashes flutter as she opens her eyes to look at me. Her gray blue eyes full of hope and at the same time heart break.

"Good morning Beautiful." My voice cracks as I speak. I blush a little and she giggles the cutest laugh I've ever heard. I look around and see a piece of paper laying next to us. I pick it up and read it.

You owe us big time.

-Grey

"Do you know what this is about?" I hand the note to her and her eyes widen.

"We forgot about supper."

"Shit." She slaps my arm. "What he hell?" she slaps me again.

"Don't swear."

"I'm sorry I didn't know it was against the law." She jumps up and I miss her warmth.

"We have to go." She states looking around.

"Where?"

"I need to-" she stops and gets a far away look in her eyes. She rushes away from me. All I want to do is take her to my bed room but Rowan reminds me that if we do she would never forgive us. I follow slowly behind her. When I finally get back onto pack land Chapin is hugging a girl. From looking at her I know she is Ari. I see my beautiful mate blush before leaving the area. I wanted nothing more than to follow her but I know I have to keep my distance.

-

Chapin's POV

Waking up in Shane's arms was amazing this morning. But then Ava linked me telling me that Ari was here. I rushed to greet her. She looks at me and smirks knowing exactly what I am doing. I jump into her arms, she catches me and we laughed.

"I missed you." I jump down and hug her closely missing her like crazy.

"You smell like male wolf." She whispered in my ear. I blushed and back away. I sneakily left to go take a shower before training started.

If I thought training with Grey was bad Ari was a 100 times worse. Ari didn't hold anything back. It got to the point when Grey had to have Shane leave because he looked ready to kill Ari. She has taught me so much and we only had one lesson.

"Chapin!" Ava calls and I walk over to Ava, Hunter, Ari and Beth.

"Hello." I smirk. We all go and join everyone for supper. Shane's family as well as mine are supposed to be eating together but I decided that I wanted to spend more time with my friends. We eat burgers and it's the best ever. Mariah is a little angry because we aren't with Shane but I know she'll be fine.

After supper we go up to our room. Ari will be staying in the guest room with Logan. Beth will be in her own room. Us five girls talk for what seems like hours.

"So who was the male wolf I smelt on you this morning?" Ari asks me. Everyone looks intrigued.

"It was Shane." I tell them.

"What did you and Shane do last night?" Hunter asks me winking.

"It's not like that you pervert! Shane was mad because he caught me talking to Rory about mates." I state casually.

"Why would you-" Ava starts before Hunter cuts her off.

"Did he ask you to be his mate?"

"No I was trying to be Ava's wingman." I laugh.