Introduction

I woke to the sight of an unfamiliar room that appeared to be in a school. It looked like your average classroom with a few major exceptions. All the windows were blocked off using a variety of screws and planks of lumber. There wad also a huge television rather than a chalkboard north of the classroom. Out of curiosity, I began to examine the classroom. I wasn't the most observant person, but I was able to notice a boy who looked around my age lying unconscious on a desk. I made my way towards him, suspecting the unexpected.

This boy had black hair and looked to be around six-foot tall. He wore a black button up shirt along with a navy blue tie. He also wore black jeans and sneakers to match. He didn't look to fancy. More like a counseler. As I was watching him, he began to regain consciousness. He took his sweet time raising his head and rubbing his eyes.

The male began to look around as his eyes widened faster than I could spike a volleyball then, he looked at me and jumped out of his seat.

"Who the hell are you!?" He yelled sternly.

I couldn't help but feel offended by the fact that he assumed I was the one up to something when I'm stuck in the exact same scenario. Of course, I couldn't blame him for taking every possible precaution. He woke up in an unfamiliar room to an even more unfamiliar face.

I took a deep breath and plastered a smile onto my face.

"My name is Hinata Shoyo! Nice to meet you!"

I held out my hand in hope that he would cooperate.

He took my hand in his and shook it, returning the favour.

"Kageyama Tobio." He said.

We both sat down in seats next to each other to discuss how and why we were ,
here.

"What do you remember before this?" He asked cautiously. "And start from the beginning of all this."

"I remember getting a letter in the mail saying that I've been accepted in Hopes Peak Academy as the Ultimate Volleyball Player. A couple days later I finally arrived but then, I passed out at the entrance."

Kageyama clicked his tongue seeming disappointed in my response.

"Same thing happened to me apart from the the volleyball thing. I'm actually the Ultimate Detective."

I gasped and looked at him in awe. For some reason though, he looked ashamed in himself.

"What's wrong, Kageyama-kun?"

"Nothing, nothing"

We suddenly got interrupted by a high pitched voice over the intercom ordering all student to report to the gymnasium. Both Kageyama and I agreed that it would be a wise decision to do as the mysterious speaker says.

The two of us opened the gym doors to see many other students stand before us. Some stood out more than others like one with several piercings and another who looked like he was in his late twenties.

"And that makes eighteen!" Announced a short male. I was glad to not be the smallest person here.

How do you know that there should be eighteen of us? A taller blond questioned.

The latter pointed to a chart with what I assumed was everyone's names on it and the blond just pushed up his glasses and turned to a slightly shorter boy with freckles.

The short boy came up to Kageyama and I to greet us.

"Hey! I'm Nishinoya Yuu, Ultimate Delinquent! What's up?"

Both me and Kageyama exchanged glances until he spoke up.

"Delinquent?" He said.

Nishinoya pouted. "Don't judge a book by its cover, bro! I'm actually an awesome dude! Not some highschool drop out who commits arson for the fun of it! It was one time and accidental!"