Chapter 1. Awaken

Prologue:

The Lord Commander has risen into power, and has begun sparking darkness into the hearts and minds of his followers. The Infinity Guard refused their services to the Lord Commander, even threatening war against him, sparking rage and a dangerous rivalry between the tyrant, and the military form.

Soon, violent exchanges began, and the Lord Commander encouraged his people to commit acts of violence against the Infinity Guard, the most common of these crimes, abducting prisoners.

In only weeks, Infinity Guard Prisoners were virtually extinct, most enslaved by citizens of planets controlled by the Lord Commander. Among these Prisoners was Gary Goodspeed. Abducted by an alien and thrown into a basement to be treated as a punching bag for the rest of his life.

Will he escape?

Today: Gary's POV.

"It has been 5 weeks since I was abducted. One day, I wake up, do some exercising, then boom! A not so Average Joe comes knocking! Not even a, "How do you do?" To break the ice, before im knocked out cold and wake up here with a dog collar on my neck."

Gary looked around the room. Going about the small dark area he had as a home for now. A broken cobblestone floor that froze his feet, and barren concrete walls with cracks that became familiar to him. It was almost welcoming now, when he saw them in the occasional glow of a flickering light pod that was strapped to the wall, next to the door that lead outside, to sweet freedom.

"Its cold here. Im scared that I won't be alive much longer. I haven't slept in days, and I haven't been able to play cards... I never eat enough either! So little, that my wrists can slip out of these hand cuffs now. Talk about malnutrition..."

...

"Oh wait..!"

Gary suddenly realized that he had a chance now, his hope growing more than ever, as he wiggled his wrists out of the cuffs, and he went straight for the door. It was locked. But he had hope. He was a thief on earth, he knew how to unlock a door, even if it took a while.

"HELLO?! HELP ME PLEASE! I DON'T HAVE A KEY FOR THIS DOOR!" He yelled at the door, as if somebody on the other side could hear him. Or even if they did, that they would want to help him.

He could see through the small glass window, that it was night time on the planet Tera Con Prime, and his "owner" was fast asleep in the neighboring building. He had renewed confidence in a new plan.

It wasn't a great plan.

Gary used every ounce of energy he had, to ram his arm against the door, growling and hissing in pain when his weakened muscles made hard impact against the thick wood and metal plating. He knew it was going to hurt, but it would hurt more if he got caught, so he didn't stop.

His assault on the door continued for what felt like an eternity for him, but he was able to break the hinges, and push the door open. Now for the run.

As if he were late for work, Gary ran as fast as he could. Hopping over the metallic fence, and going anywhere he could. Away from his captor, away from everyone. He knew he would be in deep trouble if anybody found him, his worn and tattered Infinity Guard uniform was a dead give away that he didn't belong. But where would be belong anyways?