Chapter 1

You lazily blew a stream of smoke through your glittered lips before taking another drag of your dying cigarette. It was your second on in 30 minutes and you were highly debating about lighting another.

Not only were you called in on an urgent note, but it was one of the busiest planned events that the Crimson Cherry hosted and you were stuck up in your bosses office that he couldn't even be in when you arrived.

The leather seat you sat in stuck to your legs every time you moved due to your usual short cocktail dress and the loop of instrumental Korean music was starting to get on your nerves. The large office that surrounded you was cloaked in oak with red accents and smelled faintly of men's cologne and cigars.

The large red curtains that covered the enormous view of downtown Las Vegas were pulled to the side and the small lights below the 28 floors almost seemed to blend into the stars above.

The large oak doors opened behind you and Mr. Buseong, your boss and part time client, came around your right side and placed a steady hand on your shoulder before taking a seat across from you.

Although he was in his late 40's, his hair was void of gray hair and his skin only had a few wrinkles. He was a handsome man, a very successful one at that. He owned one of the most famous casinos on the strip, as well as a few handfuls of bars and restaurants that cater only to the few lucky gold members.

"I hope you haven't been waiting long." He smiled slightly at you but a grim presence plagued his eyes.

"No, just a few minutes." You lean forward and stub out the old cigarette in the ash tray before taking another out and lighting it.

As you glance back up you notice the slip of his gaze from when you were leaned forward. You glance down and notice how loose the top of your dress really was.

A part of you hoped that a quick fix wasn't what he wanted because your job meant everything to you, the lights, the smells, the pure adrenaline rush that you feel just by walking into the entrance of a casino. But it all had a price, and you knew which kind of payment Mr. Buseong wanted.

Technically it was good, only to the degree that sex with someone you don't love could go to, but it was more than you would be getting without him.

"Hm, I need to discuss something with you." He reaches into a side drawer in his desk and pulled out a box of cigars.

"Okay. Will it be long?" You noticed his eyes crease and you waved the hand with your cigarette in front of you. "I enjoy your company, but as you know sir. This is a very busy night for both of us and I've put a lot of effort into it so I just wanted to make sure it's running smoothly."

"Hm, yes. You have done a lot for this casino. A lot more than I ever thought."

You smiled but felt a slight dread start to sink into the pit of your stomach.

"You've heard of The Gandier."

It wasn't a question but you nodded your head and leaned back into your chair in confusion.

"The owner, Mr. Laufey came in and took a tour of my casino."

Mr. Buseong stood up and turned to face the large view, a cloud of smoke bouncing off the window and surrounding him in a fog.

Slowly you stood up as well and walked to his side, keeping a few inches back.

"When?"

"An hour ago."

Your heart nearly stopped and you had to breathe in deeply to stop the avalanche of questions.

"What...what does this have to do with me?" Your voice felt choked, your hands were already shaking with nerves so you held them tightly to your sides.