~CHAPTER ONE~

(F/N) = first name
(M/N) = middle name

I wake up abruptly to the sound of my mother yelling on the top of her little lungs.
"(F/N M/N) GET YOUR ASS OUTTA BED WE'RE GONNA MISS OUR FLIGHT"
Flight? Oh. Right. Our flight. About three weeks ago my father was offered a position up in Massachusetts for his job. Really no one in the family wanted him to take it but he insisted we must open this new chapter in our lives and relocate from our childhood home. My mother was beyond upset with him for taking the job. She grew up, had kids, married, and buried our grandparents here.

After about the third time my mother yelled i decided i should get up. It was 6:40 in the morning and our flight wasn't until 10 but mother insists we're ready and out of the house by 7 or else the flights gone without us. She's always been that way, she can't help but be on time for everything. I on the other hand can't be on time to save my life. I haven't been on time to a class since kindergarten. My siblings are pretty good with timing, my father too. Somehow i just can't get the whole being on time thing down.

After about 20 minutes of standing in front of the mirror judging what i see i decide i should probably get dressed. I don't really feel like getting dressed so i basically throw on a pair of sweats and t-shirt that make me feel gender euphoric as well as a pair of my high top converse. i need accessories. i thought to myself while analyzing myself. I toss a few braided string bracelets on, a few kandi bracelets, a necklace with sodalite and a shorter necklace with a small selenite shard in it.

I trudge down the stairs still basically half asleep and see my mother, father, and aunt waiting for me. I felt like i was in a spotlight. My mother slides cold breakfast towards me and tells me to eat up. I glance down at the cold eggs, bacon with the grease hardened on top making a thick layer of gross, the toast that's soggy from the butter, and the hash browns that are undercooked. "No thanks, i'll pass" i say with a gentle smile hoping my mother doesn't try to force the food down my throat. Im genuinely not hungry especially after looking at that for the few seconds i did.

My mother has me run and grab my bags, which basically just consist of a few small luggages with my favorite clothes and some other essentials since we'll be back before we officially get rid of the house. I'm not excited for the day i officially have to say goodbye to my childhood home. But maybe life in Massachusetts won't be so bad. I'm sure i'll make new friends and a new life out there. Maybe find my first official boyfriend, have my first kiss, lose my virginity, fall in love then suffer a horrible heartbreak.

~time skip~

Once the plane lands i feel a sudden rush of panic. It fully just hit me where i am and what's going on. I'm not home anymore. I'm no longer in my safe comfortable room. No longer a block away from all my close friends. No longer aware of where everything is no matter where in town i am. Maybe i'm scared for no reason. it's okay. you're fine. nothing bad is gonna happen. you've got this. it's okay. i think to myself trying to calm my mind so i don't have a massive panic attack in the center of a plane surrounded by people just trying to get home to their families or away from said families.

The day continues to get more hectic as it unfolds. Once we arrive to the new house we realize mother forget all of her luggage at home. Ironic.

________________________________
word count~ 666
A/N: Hey! this is one of my first stories and i'm really hoping you guys enjoy it!! i'm not 100% sure when i'll be able to update and how often i will update. it will probably randomly honestly. i'll try my best to at least pop a chapter or two out a week but sometimes it might take a week or two because my life's pretty hectic right now lmao.

insta~ urnotart_
tiktok~ _artisdead__