~CHAPTER SIX~

With the weather getting colder and winter break getting closer everyone's rushing to get everything turned in on time for the end of the semester. Bo and I have grown quite close. Him and I spend the evening after school together almost everyday. He's basically my best friend and I assume I'm his as well.

It's the last day of the first semester today. I roll out of bed extra exhausted because Bo and I stayed up really late on FaceTime playing video games together. I don't have the energy to dress nice so I just throw on a pair of warm joggers and a hoodie with my low cut Vans. I'm too lazy to even add jewelry today. Bo's waiting out front for me as usual, he's wearing a winter coat that makes him look stupid and the same pair of jeans that I'm pretty sure he wears every day. He smiles and waves when I open the front door and I smile back and turn back to the door to lock it. Once locked I turn back and start walking with him to school shivering in the cold

School drug by slowly. At lunch I sat with the group as usual. Carter was on his usual shit of hitting on me nonstop. I just laughed it off as usual but Bo seemed to grow increasingly upset as it went on. Carter got up and sat next to me and put his arm over my shoulder and started rubbing the side of my arm causing me to tense up.
"Aw look who's all shy now. Guys guys look!! (Y/N)'s getting shy!"
I shove him off and look at him clearly annoyed. I'm not sure what he assumed I mean with that look but it wasn't what I actually meant.

Before I know it Carter's lips are pressed against mine causing my eyes to fly wide and my palms to roughly meet his shoulder where I shoved him off of me. He raises an eyebrow at me and I can feel Bo's eyes tearing into the back of my head.
"Dude what the fuck is wrong with you? I don't think I could make it any clearer, I'm not into you" I spit the words at him as a I stand up and turn around to walk out. Bo doesn't seem to move but I hear bickering coming from the table. I probably just lost my best friend over this.

I don't go to any of the rest of my classes. I end up just leaving school completely and sitting in mine and Bo's spot the rest of the day. It's a small treehouse that my dad put up here for me to study in and he has a solar panel the powers a few strands of lights and a small space heater. There's a two sized mattress up here with basic bedding, yknow, a comforter, some pillows, a few stuffed animals, the usual. The treehouse is made of a mix of wood, installation, and the basic things for a house. It's pretty much a miniature one room house for myself. Bo and I always hang out up here because it's where we can just hide from the world and my mothers assuming eyes. My dad hasn't been home a lot since we moved. He's always at work, too busy for his family.

I lay in the little bed with my headphones in and music on. I'm bundled up in the blanket shivering because of how cold it is. My headphones were so loud I didn't hear Bo climb up or come in so feeling someone sit behind my back sent me flying up ready to fight. Seeing Bo made my stomach turn. I was sure that he was here to grab the things he's left up here. He has a hoodie of his, an extra pair of glasses, and a few other things littered around the small room. I was surprised when I heard him say the real reason he was here.
"Sooooooo I'm no longer a part of the group I guess" my eyes widen and my jaw drops. He can tell I'm asking why silently.
"Basically all of them have been routing for you and Carter to get together and when you shoved him off they all started talking shit on you and how much of a "tease" you are" he says the word "tease" while doing quotation marks.

I laugh lightly still slightly shocked. He explains how he'd rather hang out with me anyway and how I'm a much better friend than really any of them. My phone starts buzzing shortly after him and I settle into silence and I see Marks calling.
"Hello?"
"Hey uh (y/n)?"
"Yes?.."
"Hey yeah i uh wanted to talk to you about something pretty serious. Are you able to swing by?"
Mark and I have been decently close. I wouldn't say we're nearly as inseparable but we're pretty close.
"Uh sure?"
"Perfect. See ya in a bit" and he hangs up.
Bo looks at me thoroughly confused. I explain and he agrees to stay here while I run over. Mark doesn't live too far off so it should be fine.

When I get there Marks in his room playing games as usual. He pauses the game and gestures me to sit down. I nod confused still and listen. He explains how him and Asher break up because she's been constantly cheating on him with Carter. Man, Carter really is a whole manwhore. I think silently to myself. I nod here and there as I listen to him rant. He asks what I'm doing today and I invite him to hangout with Bo and I in my little treehouse. He's the only one out of the group who has a car so him and I drive over there. I gesture for Mark to settle into the beanbag chair that Bo and I bought at a yard sale a few months back when my dad was first building this thing.

Bo, Mark, and I end up staying the night in the little house. Mark in the bean bag chair, Bo curled up on the floor with my thickest comforter from my room, and I got the bed with the normal comforter. We stayed up most of the night talking. My mom came out to check on us and ended up calling Mark and Bo's moms to let them both know that they'll be here tonight. Bo's mom didn't care. Him and I have sleepovers all the time. Marks mom was mostly worried about me being a girl but my mom reassured her by letting her know that Bo will be there and Marks mom loves Bo. It was a nice night. We all laughed together. That night was the first night I really felt included. I mean yeah I've had friends since moving here but it felt different. That was the night Bo, Mark, and I became best friends.

____________________________________
Word count~ 1,173
A/N: WOOOOOOHOOOO THIS IS MY LONGESY CHAPTER YET! I'm really enjoying this book so far. I'll be trying to make the chapters a bit longer! I hope no one minds that Mark's in it. I know technically Mark shouldn't necessarily need to be involved but I thought it would be fun ^^ anyways thank you for reading!! I love y'all <3

Insta~ urnotart_
Tiktok~ _artisdead__