Chapter 3

My POV:

We arrive at school, I let go of him for a moment and then I go to thank him, but he already left. He must have something he needs to do; I really hope I see him again; he was so nice, and his blushing face was adorable. He was also really tall, handsome and he gives good hugs. Shit, have I already started crushing on someone? I head to the front office to get my timetable and then I head to my first class, homeroom? Is that like roll call?

When I finally find the classroom, I knock on the door and wait for the teacher to let me enter the classroom. As I walk in, I can sense everyones stares and whispers.

This is the new exchange student from Australia I was telling you all about. Can you introduce yourself? the teacher said.

Im Y/n L/n, nice to meet you all I say then go take a seat at the back.

Once I take my seat, I look around the classroom and I notice a familiar face, its Aone! Throughout the lesson I continually would look at him, hoping he would look at me back, but he never did. Maybe he was just really focused on his class work, or maybe hes avoiding me. I mean, he did walk away as soon as we got to school. The day goes on and hes in all my classes, but he hasnt tried to come up to me or even look in my direction. I mustve annoyed him this morning. When the lunch bell rings, I make my way towards the cafeteria but when I get there, I realise the big crowds and instead of staying and panicking I head outside. When I get outside, I find a shady tree and go to sit down when I notice someone is already sitting here, its Aone.

Sorry for interrupting your lunch break, is it ok if I sit here? It was too crowded in the cafeteria I ask shyly, he doesnt respond, if you dont want me around you can just tell me. I know I can be annoying, Im sorry for bothering you again,

I start to walk away when I hear a deep voice, Sit.

I turn to see him patting the ground next to him, he has a blush on his cheeks. Adorable.

Aone POV:

During class I couldnt bring myself to look her way, because whenever I thought about her, I would blush, and I didnt want her to see. The day was going quickly, it was already lunch time. I made my way out to my usual spot outside under the shadiest tree, I didnt like the cafeteria because of all the people. I was there for a while when I notice Y/n walking up to me, why would she be out here?

Sorry for interrupting your lunch break, is it ok if I sit here? It was too crowded in the cafeteria she asks shyly, I dont respond, if you dont want me around you can just tell me. I know I can be annoying, Im sorry for bothering you again,

She turned around and started to walk away, I have to say something quickly or she will think I hate her, Sit is the only thing I could think of in time. I gesture for her to sit next to me by patting the ground. I can feel my cheeks heating up, Im blushing.

She slowly walks over and takes a seat next to me, does she really think I dont like her? I should say something right?

I dont like the cafeteria either, too many people I say quietly, hoping she will talk to me.

Yeah, I get bad anxiety in big crowds so thats why I came outside she responds quickly, do I annoy you? Is that why you dont talk to me? You havent even looked at me at all today, if you didnt want me to talk to you, you can always just tell me.

No I spit out harshly, shocking her. Maybe I should explain myself, I really dont want her to stop talking to me. She is the only person that has ever said I make them feel safe, and she trusted me the second she saw me. I need to explain.

I dont think youre annoying, I think youre funny and kind. I have trouble with communicating so thats why I dont talk much, and I couldnt look at you because you kept making me blush and it was embarrassing I say so quiet she almost didnt hear.

I look up to see her smiling, and giggling? Why is she laughing?

Thank god, I was so worried that I scared you off. Especially with what happened this morning at the train station. Again, Im really sorry about that. I know it was weird of me to do considering we just met and all, but just know that I meant what I said, you make me feel safe. I think its because you look so cuddly, like a teddy bear. No wait, a polar bear! she replies with mirth lining her words.

Polar bear?

Yeah, because of your hair

I chuckle, I like that. Also, what you did wasnt weird. Im glad I make you feel safe, most people are scared of me, so I was shocked when you first told me,

Why would they be scared of you? Youre adorable, cute, cuddly, super nice, respectful and did I mention you give the best hugs? she responds.

Its because Im really tall and my face is intimidating I say blushing from the compliments she just gave me.

Well, I think youre harmless, nothing about you makes me scared. Like I said before, youre just a polar bear. I have an idea, what if I called you that as a nickname?

She looked at me with wide eyes filled with hope, she really wanted me to say yes, I nod in agreement.

Yay! You call me Y/n or you could even give me a nicknamewhat about N/n? Its short so it wont take too much to say if you need me and youre feeling shy,

N/n I repeat.

She nods, Yup, I think its cool we have nicknames for each other. Since we have nicknames and all, that means you like my company right? I would love it if we could hang out again, you seem pretty cool, and I also wouldnt mind the hugs,

I blush, hard. She giggles at me then gives me a quick hug before the bell went, she went to the bathroom, so I have a few moments to collect myself before class. This girl is really something else.