Chapter 4

~Small time skip~

My POV:

I walk into class, and when I see Aone I run up to him and greet him with a tight hug.

I know I just saw you like 5 minutes ago but I kinda missed you, I know weird but hey I cant help it. Anyway, can I sit next to you this class? I ask with a big smile; unaware the whole class is watching my interaction with Aone.

Yes he responds quietly, he looked worried for some reason.

I follow where his eyes were looking, and I soon realise everyone was silent and watching us. They all looked shocked, what was so surprising? Were our classmates scared of him too? Maybe if they see how sweet he really is they wont be scared anymore.

Score! Thanks, polar bear, now Im excited for class. Im not very good at this subject though so would you be able to help me out? I exclaim.

He has a blank expression on his face, but I can see a glimmer of happiness in his eyes. Maybe it was because I used his nickname. I do know that the blank look means he didnt want to have to teach me.

I know its boring to have to teach me but, I need help. Come on, please!? Ill make you a bento for tomorrow if you help me out I say, hoping the bento was incentive enough for him to agree.

Will you cook it? he responds quickly,

Sure will, Ill even make it look nice.

Ok he says getting his book out and sitting down, gesturing for me to do the same.

Youre the best!

As class went on Aone would ask me if I understood, and if I didnt, he would explain it to me. I was ever so grateful for his help. I did feel like people were staring at us a lot though, was this really that strange?

~Time skip~

After classes were over a brunette boy came over to me and Aone, he looked nice, but I tensed up. Was he going to be mean to Aone? I hope not because I dont want to have to fight someone on my first day.

Hi there, my name is Kenji Futakuchi the brunette said,

Y/n L/n I reply wearily.

Aone mustve noticed that I was uneasy, Hes on my volleyball team he says,

A friend? Are you sure? If he is just here to be mean to you, I can deal with it I reply quickly.

Aone puts his hand on my knee and squeezes it, N/n,

I could tell he was sincere, Ok, well Im really sorry for being rude to you. I just wasnt sure ya know I say while awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck.

Its ok, I understand. How long have you known each other? Futakuchi asks,

We met this morning on the train, he helped me get to school because I had no clue where I was going I reply.

Are you serious? Futakuchi almost shouts

Umyeah?

I thought for sure you were like childhood friends or something,

How come?

Well, the way he would talk to you.

Oh, he was just being nice. Im sure he doesnt talk to me in a certain way I respond, not fully understanding what he meant,

No, I mean like he actually talks to you. I have been friends with this guy since the start of high school and I have only ever heard him speak twice. Today was the second time, and he has never spoken in class before.

Wait, really? Polar bear, whys that? I ask with a soft voice, to show I mean no harm by the question,

He stares at me for a moment then looks down at his books, I dont say anything. I want to give him the time he needs to answer, I think its because of his communication issues, but I could be wrong.

N/n he whispers,

Yes I respond

He lifts his head and makes eye contact with me, his eyes telling me I know the answer and he doesnt want to speak in front of his friend.

Ok, I understand. Can I tell him? I say while I place my hand on his shoulder, his face lights up a shade of bright red, he nods in agreement.

He told me he has communication issues, which makes it hard for him to speak to others. He does care about you; he just doesnt want to speak I say,

Thats ok buddy, as long as youre comfortable. Now Ill meet you at practice Futakuchi says as he leaves the classroom.

Sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I didnt mean too I quickly exclaim,

N/n, its ok he responds as he gives me a hug, now my face is a deep red.

Before you said he was on your volleyball team, right? He also said you had practice; would I be able to come watch?

He looks shocked and a little confused, like he doesnt understand why I would want to watch him practice.

I want to see you in action, I bet its really cool. Plus, I want to support you, and this way we can get the train home together.

He blushes again, Ok, lets go.

He grabs all his stuff and begins to walk towards the gym, I follow closely behind. I think I definitely have a crush on him, and by the way he reacts to me when I compliment him, touch him, or even smile at him, I think he may like me too. Maybe I should flirt with him a little more to see what he does; I know hes shy, so I think Ill have to end up asking him out because he wont make a move. Maybe on the way home I could ask him, or is that too soon?