Ch2- The Offer

Sidd: No

I don't know what I am supposed to say. He didn't accept my apology. The first time I ever had to apologize to someone and he just said "No". I start to walk away with my umbrella in my hand. I turn around and look at him again. He's drenching,.. well, that shouldn't really bother me so I keep walking until I see my lamborghini waiting for me. I get in and the car starts moving to take a turn around the fountain to get onto the road. I stare out the window and see it coming, the bench with Siddharth sitting on it...I signal the driver to stop in front of the bench where Siddharth sits drenching. I lower my window and stare at him for a second. I just get this ridiculous idea and it just comes out of my mouth straight at his face.

Avu: You want to come to the movies with me?

Sidd: (looks up at her putting his glasses on) No.

Avu: Please?....It's just an offer....you don't have to speak to me ever again...after this

Sidd: (thinking about the offer. It's for freeee) *squinting his eyes at her* No..

Avu: Pleasee?

Sidd: No.

Avu: Fine! Then keep drenching in the rain!

I tell the driver to drive slowly away. We keep moving for five minutes and then I tell him to take a U turn. We move slowly back to the fountain and soon get in front of the bench. I lower my window.

Avu: (shouting at him) The offer is still available!

Sidd: (facepalms) Why are you after me?!

Avu: I am not after you! Concentrate on the offer! THE OFFER YOU CONCENTRATE ON!

Sidd: No. I don't want to come.

Avu: Then I will keep coming back and forth till you say yes!

Sidd: I don't care!

I open my door and walk out of the car to him.

Sidd: (thinks she gonna slap him or something)

Avu: (puts her hand forward at his face and steals his specs)

I run back into my car and wave the specs at him. The car starts to move away with a blind Siddharth running after it.

Avu: (after making him run five minutes) *screams out the window* You could either come with me and watch the movie, or SIT LIKE A BLIND PERSON IN THE RAIN! The offer is still on!.....

Sid: (unable to see anything and internally sobbing)

Sidd: *feeling around the abyss like a blind person and screams back in the wrong direction* Okay wait! I.. I'll come! *starts walking in the wrong direction*

____________________________________________________________________________

Jaanu's POV

I park Avu's cycle in the parking. I run out of the parking as it starts to rain and run up to our room. I change into my favorite hoodie. I take out my new books and start writing my name on them. "Jannat Zubair Rahmani". I take 15 minutes to write my name on all my books and put them into my desk.

What should I do now?

I bet Avu's enjoying her movie. I walk out of our room and walk down the stairs to the cafeteria. I see Faisu sitting in front of a table eating cake all by himself. Wonder where his friend went? I walk up to him.

Jaanu: Hi.

Faisu: (doesn't look up at her and concentrates on his cake)

Jaanu: um..hello! I'm talking to you.