Chapter 1: I'm in love with Your Brother

Before anything else, author will be brain dead, not focusing on reasons, and will just write whatever she wants in this fanfic.

This story was in fact from the same idea I used in Jin Fei Xi Bi, my MDZS work. Whereas, male WWX go back in time and became a female for some reasons. I don't know, I just want them to remain men at soul.

And BTW, updates will not be regular for I'm focusing on Jin Fei Xi Bi. Check it out if you want.

***

“I can’t marry you.”

Dangling a cigarette between his slender fingers, Ye Xiu being Ye Xiu casually dropped these heartless words in the face of the lady seated before him.

Ye Xiu glanced through the floor-to-ceiling window of the exclusive restaurant they were currently in. The sun was starting to retire, turning the sky into a beautiful orange sea, which reflected in Ye Xiu’s amber eyes, giving it the illusion of sparkling gold. The view in this unpolluted part of the town had always been breathtaking, but with the current situation, none of the only two occupiers of the restaurant had the mood to enjoy it.

“Ah Li,” Ye Xiu called the girl who chose to remain silent even after hearing his decision.

“Xiu-ge,” she responded. This girl had always been open and sweet. But now, Ye Xiu couldn’t make up what emotions were flashing in those pair of emerald green crystals. To say that she was sad was a mere assumption. To say that she did not care was even more ridiculous.

Ye Xiu had known Ah Li since he could remember, and her worth in his heart was no less than Su Mucheng’s or maybe even more. She was like a little sister to him, someone that he wanted to cherish and protect.

But that’s only it.

So even though she’s his fiancée that his great-grandfather had done the honor to arrange for him even when he was not yet in his mother’s womb, he did not and would never see her in a romantic way.

Ah Li was just his little sister and would forever be.

If possible, he never wanted to hurt her feelings. However, he knew that he eventually needed to break this engagement. Now came the day.

Mentally reviewing the script he had prepared beforehand, Ye Xiu discretely took a deep breath as he continued, “Ah Li, I’m sorry, but I’m in love with someone else.”

As the girl heard these words, she couldn’t hide the discomfort in her eyes.

“You have someone you love...” she softly said to herself, as though it could help her digest what Ye Xiu had said.

Ah Li dropped her head down, with one hand gripping her other hand.

Seeing her like this, Ye Xiu couldn’t help but sigh. Actually, saying that he has someone else is just an excuse. But he had to find an acceptable reason to break this engagement.

He knew that she must be feeling wronged. But why did he feel that, other than that, she seemed to be panicking as well?

Before Ye Xiu could ponder about it, the girl had once again raised her head and looked at him straight in the eye.