my detention buddy :: jay

pairing: jay x gn!reader
genre: fluff, badboy!jay, highschool!au, friends-enemies-lovers!au
word count: 2k
warnings: none

pairing: jay x gn!readergenre: fluff, badboy!jay, highschool!au, friends-enemies-lovers!auword count: 2kwarnings: none

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring

Ringringringringiringringringring.

RIRIRIRIRIRIRIRIRIRIRIRIRIRIRRI-SLAM!

The alarm clock stopped its boisterous wailing

10 more minutes. I don't have to style my hair today.

Thirty minutes passed.

RIRIRIRIRIRIRIRIRIRI- SLAM!

Ugh. I'll just miss assembly.

RIRIRIIRRIRIRI-

This time, the ringing stopped before he could slam his hand over the alarm clock.

"Jongseong, do you not have school today?" Jay could only make out a bush of black that stood above him as he sat up, dazed and drowsy.

"Yeah, I do. I'm about to get ready. Why?"

"It's 9 am! You should be at school! At this point, you don't even have to go anymore." His mother huffed in disappointment.

It was an exaggeration, but she had a point. School started at eight in the morning. It was already an hour later but he was still sitting in bed.

"I'll get ready now. 10 minutes. Good to go." He shooed his mom away, already running to the bathroom to wash up.

"I'm leaving now Jay. You know darn well that I have an important meeting today and I can't miss it just for you to not get a tardy. Heck, you're already late! You're-"

"Mom! I can't walk to school! It takes too long." Jay whined as he brushed his teeth, his muffled voice interrupting his mother's speech.

"Young man, stop interrupting me. I told you a week ago about today's event and it's not my fault that my oldest son can't take care of himself. You're going to have to take another mode of transport, you're old enough to deal with this yourself!" With that, his mother stormed out of his room, her feet obnoxiously thumping on the floor.

"I'm also your only son..." Jay muttered.

Of all days, why did she have to have her meeting today? Monthly evaluations aren't that important. Dangit, I should've been taught how to drive. Jay returned to his rapid multitasking, grabbing his school uniform while washing his face. He didn't even look twice,

After taking the quickest shower he had ever taken in his entire life and shoving all of his essential (what he determined as essential, at least) belongings into his bag, he opened to door and dashed outside only to be met with...

Rain.

Rain everywhere. Drenching the front yard's perfectly tended flower garden and creating heaps of watery mud. It was pouring at 9.15 am. There was thunder and occasional flashes of light zooming through the clouds. The city was in shambles.