11.24AM :: sunghoon

"To your left, to your left, watch your step. Now swing your leg back!" Sunghoon's instructor clapped her hands in beat with the music as he performed his steps effortlessly.

Now, after all those simple leaps and glides, it was time for the move he had been dreading for all day: the double-axel. Years and years of practice, but he still hadn't mastered it to the point of stability and satisfaction. Sunghoon was determined, however, to get this down today.

Whoosh!  His ice skate slid on the ice as he used all his might to jump up and turn.

Focus and stability, legs straight, core tight, remember who's watching you today, Sunghoon thought to himself as both of his legs finally met with the ground steadily.

"Perfect landing! hoon, if you keep with this attitude, you'll be able to get into next level regionals. You've done well today, take a break." His instructor proudly smiled as she pat his back. Sunghoon continued gliding miscellaneously on the ice until a loud shout of his name made him whip his head to the entrance, nearly losing his balance.

"SUNGHOOOOOOON!" You ran in hollering while holding a couple of bags. He laughed, probably for the first time that day.

"It was crazy, I was up there watching you and you did it! the turn! i saw it all, it was so cool, you're so cool. Before that too, the leg swinging and the-"

"Shh."

That was enough to shut you up. As of right now, you were standing in front of him, your only divider being a glass pane which separated the ice rink from hard ground.

Sunghoon pressed his face to the glass. "Bubs, you're literally screaming. We're the only ones here, it's pretty echoey too."

You pouted. "I know. I was just...excited."

Sunghoon giggled. He placed his hand on the glass pane, mirroring yours.

You were a mess, but at least you were his mess.