01 || New Batch

Another year, another batch of students. I'm teaching Language and Literature to high school students ranging from 10th to 11th grade.

This year, I'm handling a 12th grade class as a homeroom. The director must've hate me so much for giving me the lowest ranking section who always have the highest levels of drop out and expelled students.

It's a class of 22 students and I take this as a challenge to support and encourage them to finish their final year. I'm known to love my students as they are my own children.

This isn't the start of the academic year, but the school has given students and teachers to settle for a week before the real academic year starts. It's gonna start next Monday, but I'm here early.

My co-teacher has told me to not expect for all the students to swing by and greet me. He has adviced me to either expect less, or expect nothing at all.

But of course, I'm not that kind of person. The settling class has supposedly started an hour ago as scheduled. But no one has showed up yet.

I was cleaning around the room, preparing everything for my students so they could be more comfortable learning on a daily basis. I only have two classes with them this semester plus the homeroom meetings every morning.

I finished planning the layout on what I want to stick on the walls to motivate them. I was wiping the dusty windows clean when two of the students finally came in.

I faced them and ran up to the teacher's desk. "Oh! Good morning.", I greeted with a genuine smile on my face. I'm really happy that they decided to show up in todays schedule.

"Oh, looks like we have another weakling this year.", the taller one of the boys has said. "Nahh, I believe that the small ones are always the feisty ones.", the other one said and they laughe dto themselves.

"I'm Park Jimin, but you can call me Mr. Park. I'm gonna be your homeroom teacher for this semester.", I informed them and the tall one hummed. I got the papers they needed to fill up as they took a seat at the back of the room.

I handed one for each and they were looking at my blankly. The one who basically called me out for being small started checking his pockets. "Oh man, I don't have a pen with me. Too bad.", he teased and he chuckled with the taller one again.

They seem to enjoy trying to annoy me. Well, that's not gonna work. I have five annoying friends who always bombard me for no specific reason.

"Don't worry, I can always give you one.", I told them as I hopped my way back to the teacher's desk. I was humming when I walked back towards them to give them pens.

I smiled before putting on a serious face and leaning dangerously close to their faces. "I'm not someone that you should be messing around with.", I told them with my ticking voice.

I leaned back and smiled again. "We have a bipolar that's gonna fuck up are year-", the taller was saying but I cut him off by putting my chubby index finger on his lip.

"I'm here to fix, not ruin anything.", I corrected and pointed at the papers I want them to fill up. They both sighed and answered. Once they finished, I got the papers back.

"So you're Kim Mingyu, and you're Lee Seokmin.", I said as I looked at the papers they filled up. I'm glad that they answered seriously. "Yeah, I'm starting to like you 'teach.", Seokmin says and I chuckled.

"I'm gonna make sure that you love me at least before you graduated.", I told him as I was riding with his antics. Another batch of students came and these were girls.

"Good morning, welcome to the class. I'm Park Jimin, but you can call me Mr. Park and I'm gonna be your homeroom teacher for this semester.", I introduced myself.