04 | bruises

I took off my hospital gown and stared at my reflection in the mirror

      I took off my hospital gown and stared at my reflection in the mirror. Identical greyish-blue eyes stared back into mine, the dullness that filled them morphing into some sort of emotions that I couldn't quite recognise.

Those eyes stared at the scars and bruises that were clearly visible on my face before trailing off to the ones littering the rest of my body. I blinked rapidly, trying my best not to break into tears and not to panic.

Feeling disgusted by my reflection, I walked away from the mirror and managed to step in for a warm shower. I was — luckily — allowed to have one after convincing Kate that I'd follow all her instructions and that I'd ask for help if I needed any.

- - -

Back at home, I barely had any clothes. And the ones I had weren't in their best condition; most of them were either torn apart or stained with blood.

Fighting against my will to have my own stuff, I told my brothers that I didn't have anything over there. In reality, I didn't want them to see the conditions of that place that I called "home".

They seemed to believe, considering the fact that I was now struggling to wear Atlas' old clothes.

After what seemed like an eternity, I finished wearing the clothes. I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I  scrunched my nose up.

His baby blue hoodie was almost two times larger than my figure. It was long enough to cover my thighs and the scars and bruises scattered all over them. Moreover, the sleeves hung loosely over my hands, offering a source of warmness and comfort.

The black sweat pants I was wearing weren't — in any way — smaller or even closer to my size. I had to roll them all the way up to my ankle. Plus, I had to tie the string so tightly so that they wouldn't fall.

I groaned in frustration before unlocking the bathroom's door and walking out. I hated how I couldn't move properly and how I couldn't walk without the crutches.

Atlas and Nolan stopped talking and turned their attention towards me. Atlas burst out into a fit of laughter as though he had seen the funniest thing on Earth while Nolan covered his mouth as if attempting to stop himself from laughing just like Atlas did.

"Don't laugh," I mumbled, scowling at my brothers and feeling a bit embarrassed. "Not my fault that your clothes are too large."

"That was the smallest thing I found," chuckled Atlas. "And I used to wear them like three years ago."

"Doesn't make a difference. Too large," I mumbled, making my way back to the bed. Nolan helped me sit on top of it without hurting myself or causing my wounds to open once again.

Kate had said that my wounds started to heal and my condition had started to get better. I was apparently going to get discharged from the hospital tonight when Roman and Elliott come back from work.