chapter thirty four. mommy

Season one | Episode twelve
The Best Christmas Ever

Ever sits next to Kelso as they watch tv. "Man, the Grinch as a big butt," Donna speaks up. "He's a big booty bitch," Ever says with a smile. "Nothing says Christmas like a big, green Grinch ass," Fez adds.

"Hey, wanna sleepover the day after Christmas?" Ever asks looking over at Jackie. "Of course," Jackie says with a smile. "I just love Christmas. It's all about good tidings and cheer. And shopping," Jackie explains.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what Jesus was going for," Hyde adds. "Hey, I give too. Every year my friends and I deliver gift baskets to the unfortunate," Jackie retorts. "I think you mean the less fortunate," Donna speaks up. "Okay, whatever. Bums," Jackie says as Ever laughs. "Oh, what are you guys watching cartoons? Holiday Inn is on," Kitty says changing the channel.

"Mommy," Ever says resting her head back.
"Awe, it's okay," Jackie says messing the girl's hair up as Ever pouts.

♥︎♥︎♥︎

Ever lays next to Jackie as the two talk. "I already bought you a Christmas gift," Jackie says smiling at Ever. "You did?" Ever asks facing her.

"Yeah. I've been thinking about it a lot and I hope you like it," Jackie says as Ever looks up before moving her head so it can touch Jackie's. "You could give me a blank piece of paper and I'd love it," she says closing her eyes.

♥︎♥︎♥︎

"So Laurie, seeing anyone special at college?" Kitty asks looking at her oldest child. "Just dating around," Laurie explains. "Scortum," Ever says smiling at her sister. "Ever, stop calling your sister names in Latin," Red speaks up. "Sorry," Ever says as Eric throws her an apple.

"Dad, listen, instead of going to your party this year I was thinking of throwing a party in the basement. I mean I think I'm old enough," Eric speaks up. "Fine," Red responds. "Can I go to Eric's party?" Ever asks as Red nods.

"So, now who's gonna sing the high parts on Little Drummer Boy?" Kitty asks referring to the two teens who usually sing it. "Also, can I have some money? To buy Jackie a present," Ever asks as Red nods. "Sure honey," he says as Ever gets up. "Thanks, dad," she says as he hands her some money.

♥︎♥︎♥︎

Ever walks down the stairs to see her family in the living room. "Ever, help me hang these stupid ornaments," Laurie says looking at the girl. "I'd rather hang myself," Ever explains. "Come on," Laurie whines. "Fine," Ever says walking to the tree. Suddenly the doorbell rings as her grandma opens it to reveal Jackie and her friends. "Sorry, Jackie's here," Ever says walking away.

"Ever," Jackie says hugging the girl. "Is Michael here?" Jackie asks as they pull away. "Yeah. He's downstairs," Ever says before heading upstairs.