boyshit

N/A: This is a short chapter, next ones are the Christmas and New Years time and then a plot twist, i seem to have something in mind.

The holidays were fun, at least until Thanksgiving, as I had to return to L.A. before Christmas.  I went to Mexico for Thanksgiving, even though they don't celebrate it there, and my mom has made it a point to enjoy all my cultures together so I don't forget where we came from and where we are from. I had a good time at home and took a break from social media, only posting on YouTube and Twitter. My mother advised me not to use Instagram during our trip as an escape from the negativity. My friend and I still facetimed often, and they frequently spilled some tea, but speaking about "him and her" was not an option, although I am sure they had a lovely trip because she was too loud to show off how happy they were everywhere.

Coming home from the trip, I didn't expect the entire hype house to pick me up, but Thomas and Alex needed to give their vlogs a run for their money. They all greeted me with their own flyer. "No, you fucking didint," I shout, "I hate all of you." "Welcome back, Nai," Thomas says, hugging me with one arm and filming me with the other. "People are looking at us," I reply, feeling like a Kardashian or something. Even Emily welcomed me, confirming that perhaps the movies are right and that Christmas brings out the best of people, nah, just kidding stiff ass hugs and the fakest smile ever. 

We went out to dinner that night; in L.a., the festivities were evident in the restaurants; we were just a few days away from Christmas, so I was feeling jolly.  Before we entered the restaurant, Fletcher caught up with us. First he caught up with Thomas, then the rest of the house members and then there was me.  "Welcome back Nai, we haven't seen you in a while," he says, "I was in Mexico." I look at the camera as he says, "How was it there?" "It was lovely, I had a nice time with my family," I replied. "Aside from your trip, what have you been up to?" "nothing special; I plan to do huge things next year, but I'm on holiday mode at the moment." he keeps asking questions "nah, nothing wild, finally a break from people involving me in their drama." I state and walk into the restaurant.   In the restaurant it wasn't as awkward everyone shared stories from their trips and it was all laughs.

We all spent the next few days putting up house decorations and preparing the Christmas party, since in this house, we throw a party for almost everything. I was assigned to the Christmas lights duties alongside Emily and Mia. I'm not sure why they didn't assign the guys to do this, not in a sexist way, but because they're taller than us, they can reach higher. I was just afraid of falling down the stairs. We ended up getting along for a while, with no drama aside from her bragging. Vinnie came by every now and then to help his girlfriend out, but he didn't say much to me. Like I previously said, everything was calm before Christmas.