honeymoon fades

"How are you two today, Vinnie and Nai?" Fletcher says when he finds us together, "We're okay," to which Vinnie responds, "so everyone's been asking are you two together or what?" Fletcher goes on. "Um, we're talking and getting to know each other romantically, but not yet," I clarify, "but we will soon," Vinnie smirks at the camera. Fletcher, of course, is eating all of this up. "Oh okay, you guys are pretty cute together; do you have any plans for Valentine's Day, it is just around the corner?" Fletcher continues, causing me and Vinnie to smile slightly. "Perhaps," Vinnie answers. "One last thing, Nai, do you have any answer to Emily's latest claims against you?" Fletcher asks. "No, I haven't heard anything about that, what did she say or? Because I know hardly anything" I respond surprised, "she stated Vinnie broke up with her on Christmas night for you" I shake my head, an instant flashback in my thought processes "oh the night sucked for us all, so much more occurred than what she lead on but it already happened that I and I believe Vinnie too have no desire to repeat that night again" I smile as we enter the restaurant.

We begin chatting as soon as we are seated at our table. "What the fuck was that about?" I say, "I don't know, I tried talking to her and she blocked me on everything." Vinnie shrugs, "she doesn't have me blocked, but I'm not sure if she'll answer if I reach out to her." "Do that and see what she responds; maybe she'll be willing to talk it out with you," he suggests. "Okay, but what should I say?" . "Like, hello Emily, I know I'm the reason your relationship went to crap, but let's talk it out girl xoxo," I sarcastically reply, "that should work," Vinnie responds with the same energy. "Well, here's what I said: 'Hey Emily, I was wondering if you and I could talk things out and just clear things out between us two girls?' As an initial text, that should be enough." I put down my phone to enjoy my date, with whom I spent a lot of time with; I'll hang out with him during his streams, he'll come with me for interviews and photoshoots, and I'm even modeling his brand, so our bond has only grown deeper, which is why I'm waiting until Valentine's Day to drop the question.

"Oh, and I almost forgot to add that I'm going to Mexico with my mom again next month for cultural festivals," I continue, "you're leaving?" "Yeah for like two weeks but don't worry I am going to be back soon, plus I am planning to vlog my trip so I don't miss my bank, maybe you can come with my mom and I, you'll like Mexico" I ramble "I guess I could, I mean if I don't have anything scheduled by then" he chuckles "wait deadass? Have you got a passport?" I'm about to scream at the top of my lungs with excitement, "yes, I used to travel a lot when I was younger," his smile gets larger as my enthusiasm grows, "you're coming with me," I'm still in surprise. "Yes, and seeing how happy you are I will cancel any plans that do come up just to go with you."

This would be a huge deal, like really big; obviously, my mom and dad have met my ex, but not the rest of my family; this would be a very serious matter. I now have something to look forward to. I'm not worried they'll criticize me, but rather that this is a really fucking serious commitment to me. Taking a man to my mexican family is like I am asking them for my own fucking hand in marrige.