Chapter 2 The Early Days Me and my 5 year old sister Cara

The day after our mother had died and our stepfather Mr. Antrim had left town for Arizona and left us on the streets of New Mexico. we had walked for along time and a very long ways. we had wondered into the town of Lincoln County New Mexico. Cara started to cry i asked her what was wrong she looked up at me and said " Billy i don't feel good and i am tired and hungry." i picked her up and told we will find a place to rest very soon. i had a sack of beignets that i had made before Cara and i had left home. i had found us a place to rest i took out the sack of beignets for Cara and i to eat. but there were only two beignets left in the sack and i wasn't about to let Cara go hungry so i had chose to let Cara have the last two beignets and i would go hungry before i would let Cara go hungry. i watched Cara to make sure that she was alright. the next day after we had rested we set out again walking and looking for a place to stay. it wasn't very long until we came up on Mr. Tunstall he was a very nice man he had took us in and gave us a new home and a safe place to stay and he gave us a hot meal. we had met Chavez and his little sister Cecilia and Doc and his little sister Christen and Charley and his little sister Callie and Dirty Steve and his little sister Carly and Richard and his little sister Chloe. everyone was very nice to us but Cara was a little scared of everyone. everyone but Mr. Tunstall and Chavez and Doc and all of the girls. later that night Cara had a very high fever. Mr. Tunstall  and Doc and Chavez and Christen and Chloe had came into our room to help me get Cara's fever down. i prayed that she was going to be alright. the next morning Cara's fever had broke and she was alright but she still wouldn't let me out of her sight. i knew then that Cara and had found a home and a family.