Kim Seokjin

***

You sat on a barstool in your new kitchen. You had just changed out of your wedding dress which was really just a regular dress that was white. Not any of that poofy stuff. You wanted a small and close wedding, it was the least you could ask for when you were put into an arranged marriage. 

The thing was, you weren't forced into this. It was really just tradition for your family to do arranged marriages. All you had to do was say yes or no. It was like the whole dating to marriage thing backwards. You get married first, then you start dating the person you were married to. It wasn't the most horrible thing, so far your new husband had been very kind. You hadn't had much alone time with him and now was just the first time you were truly alone with him. Brides and grooms weren't allowed to be alone together until after the wedding as per tradition.

Looking around the new house, which was Seokjin's, you liked the feel of it. It was small and homey but still had some free space here and there. As you kept looking around, Seokjin came out of the room now dressed in more casual clothing after just being in a suit. He gives you a big smile to which you give a shy one, still not over how good-looking he was. You weren't going to lie, you had to take a double-take on his picture when you had first seen it. You had then read up on him, seeing what school he went to, what his job was, and his age. Once you had done that all, you told your parents to send a proposal to him. He looked like a good enough person just from a light skim of his background information. 

After a week of anxiously waiting for a reply, he had accepted. You were overjoyed at it, but now was the time to make conversation and get to know him at a deeper level. 

You opened your mouth to speak and before you could, Seokjin says, "Did you have dinner? Let me cook for you. I didn't see you really eat at the wedding."

"O-oh, well, yeah, I am a bit hungry," you say, embarrassed that he was watching you that much. You thought you had eaten enough to not make anyone question your nervousness. 

Seokjin nods to your response and puts on an apron to start chopping vegetables to make japchae. Seokjin hums to himself while working in the kitchen and you sit there awkwardly, your courage nonexistent to strike up a conversation with the man in front of you. It felt a little unusual to you to not have some type of courage, but you just brushed it off since you were finally alone with your new husband.

While thinking of something to talk about, Seokjin all of a sudden says, "You know, it's fine to ask whatever you want. We are a married couple now."

You widen your eyes at his bluntness and at how he could just immediately know what you were trying to do. It looked like Seokjin was either a mind reader or could read the room like a book.

"I-I, well, how'd you learn to cook?" you ask the first thing to come to mind.

Seokjin lets out a small laugh and then says, "I learned because my eomma who used to own a restaurant. I would help out sometimes and learned a few things."

"What happened to the restaurant?"

"Well, Eomma sold it since it wasn't doing the best, but I hope I can maybe open a restaurant myself that'll do better than hers," Seokjin says while having a wistful look in his eyes. 

You understand him. After all, you were a business major and wanted to create your own business from the ground up. You had ideas to start it off, but you didn't have anything 100% just yet. You had also just graduated a year ago and were working your first job in business marketing and wanted to be somewhat stable first.

"And I bet you can," you say to Seokjin. He gives a surprised look at your support for him and says, "Thank you, Y/N-ssi, it truly means a lot to me."

You nod at that, giving a small smile. It then goes silent and Seokjin really starts focusing in the kitchen, making you feel like he would rather cook than talk at the moment. You decide to explore the house a bit more. You had been here a few times before, but you hadn't gotten to see everything just yet.

You start going up the stairs to the room, seeing four doors in the hallway. Checking the first one on the right side, it was a linen closet. You move on to the next one down the hall and see it's a bathroom. The next one across from it was an extra room, currently empty with nothing in it except a painting on the wall.

You close the door of the third room and go to the last one, assuming it was the master bedroom. You walk in and immediately love it. The bed was king-size with very comfortable looking covers and pillows. There was also a loveseat pushed against the wall with a small coffee table in front of it. There were also two big windows on either side of the bed that currently had their curtains closed. From your position, you could see the magnificent bathroom that was all white.

Right as you were going to check out the bathroom too, your here Seokjin calling for you to come down for dinner. You decide you would just go downstairs and explore more later. After all, you would be living here.

Hopping down the stairs, you see Seokjin has already set the table with japchae. He was currently doing some last-minute cleaning of the kitchen when you said, "It smells really good, I bet it tastes even better!"

He laughs at your enthusiasm and says, "Just because I said I learned to cook in a restaurant doesn't mean that I'm a 5 star Michelin."

You give a timid smile at him being modest and how you were being overenthusiastic. He motions for you to take a seat and you do, picking up the chopsticks. You immediately start eating and the first bite you take is bursting with flavour. You let out a satisfied 'mmmhh' while Seokjin looks at you, smiling faintly that you enjoyed his food.

"Is it really that good?" Seokjin asks, quirking up a perfect brow.

You stop chewing and look over at him, nearly forgetting he was sitting there. Quickly swallowing your food, you respond, "Yeah, it really is. You could definitely open your own restaurant with how good this is!"

"Really?"

You nod your head, but then Seokjin's smile slowly fades. He then asks, "But, I don't want to hold you down for your own dreams and-"

You quickly shut him down, now sure of what you want to do since Seokjin wanted to open a restaurant.

"I'm a business major, we can figure it out, Seokjin."

Seokjin looks at you with his eyes wide and mouth slightly agape. He lets what you just said sink in and then finally says, "Y-you really would let me open my own restaurant? And even help me with it?"

You nod your head multiple times, a bigger smile forming on both of your faces.

"You know, Y/N you truly are something, and I'm glad I married you," Seokjin says, now having a serious but fond look on his face. You blush a bit at his words, but don't feel uncomfortable about it, instead, you feel the same way.

"I'm glad too, Jin," you say, purposefully saying his nickname that you had heard at the wedding instead. Seokjin smiles at you and you become more comfortable with him and he takes your free hand with his on the table holding it gently. You both finish up dinner together, holding your hands together and making light conversation. While doing so, you could see yourself falling for the man in front of you. 

All of a sudden, it didn't seem too bad to be in an arranged marriage with Kim Seokjin.

Not bad at all.

***

A/N: Just so everything is clear, these are BTS one-shots meaning every member gets one chapter. So 7 chapters total and I will be updating them whenever I feel like it. Hope you enjoyed the first one and will come back for the next ones!!!

-Mireu